General discussion

Remote Assistance Windows XP vs. Windows 7

Hi,
I am running Windows 7 Enterprise. Is there any way by which I can use the remote asistance to assist my friend who's running Windows XP by using MSN Messenger. And how can I use it.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Remote Assistance Windows XP vs. Windows 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Remote Assistance Windows XP vs. Windows 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You lucky person.

The Enterprise version comes with stellar support. Why not use that?

- Collapse -
I don't know about stellar.

1- I don't know about stellar.
2- My friend needs help on His PC which is running Windows XP.
3- Also tell me the steps to use stellar or Remote Assistance.

- Collapse -
Enterprise versions of this OS

Are expensive, include support channels and more. What happened? Did your company go bust or what? Something is fishy when Enterprise users fall out of the sky.

As to remote assistance. Are you sure you didn't ask Google?
Bob

- Collapse -
I am a Home User not a professional.

I need your help step by step in this metter.

- Collapse -
Enterprise versions are not available to home users.

Ouch. Some one has done something odd here.

Be sure to google and research your question. My comments are about how Enterprise owners have a great resource to tap.

Share what web page you are using and what step fails.

"It doesn't work" is not a step.
Bob

CNET Forums