General discussion

Remember the Days of AOL's Training wheels?

Remember the days when AOL was referred to "The internet on training wheels"? AOL controlled every aspect of how their customers were able to interact with the internet.... just to make things easier and more convenient for them.

I am beginning to get the impression that Apple is trying to do the same thing, by trying to "control' all aspects of how their devices connect and interact with the internet.

AOL's thinking was they were just making things easier for their customers by doing this.... where is AOL's customer base now?

Maybe Apple should think about that for a while before they dumb down how their devices can interact with the internet.......

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Remember the Days of AOL's Training wheels?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Remember the Days of AOL's Training wheels?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I use Time Machine for everyday backups and Super Duper

for monthly clones I keep offsite (the incremental clone feature makes it really fast too)

But a OS that's that 5 years old on a machine that old is never going to be trouble free. Do you know how many times I had to reinstall XP on my mom's machine during a 5 year period? About 4. OS's get corrupt, even Macs. Although we still have an iBook from 2003 running Panther in our household that has never had a single problem during its 7 year lifespan.

- Collapse -
(NT) thanks for the link too.

CNET Forums

Forum Info