Tech Deals forum

General discussion

Remanufactured Notebook PCs

by praglen / February 20, 2010 10:36 PM PST

Know some sources for used notebook PC's? I bought my girl friend a used Netbook and it works great! I have a 5 year old Toshiba Notebook and the wheels are beginning to fall off(need new speakers, more Ram, more powerful microprocessor, etc.
I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Remanufactured Notebook PCs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Remanufactured Notebook PCs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So, B GRADE stuff?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 21, 2010 10:48 AM PST

Pacificgeek.com comes to mind. This is all used stuff so expectations must be kept low.

Collapse -
Dual Core?
by praglen / March 11, 2010 3:01 PM PST

I've seen a number of dual core refurbished notebooks for sale on geeks.com

The cheapest is:

Core 2 Duo/Core Duo/Core Solo

Dell Latitude D620 Core Duo T2300 1.66GHz
1GB 40GB CDRW/DVD 14.1" XP Home
Part # D620-CD166-RCD-6R
Refurbished $299.99

What's the advantage(s) of a dual core vs. a single core and is it worth the price difference?

Collapse -
Search for REFurb'd PCs
by Indn Maid / March 19, 2010 2:59 AM PDT

Search online for "cheap refurbished PCs"; "cheap remanufactured PCs", etc. You'll get lots of results.

Collapse -
a good store
by achan / May 11, 2010 11:39 PM PDT

Geeks.com has a lot of good deals on new and remanufactured stuff.

Collapse -
eBay
by fbillyk / May 23, 2010 2:12 AM PDT
In reply to: a good store

Try eBay you can find a lot of good deals on used Laptops.

Collapse -
Thanks for your suggestions...
by praglen / May 23, 2010 10:56 AM PDT
In reply to: eBay

I ended up at Pacificgeeks.com and found an ad from Toshiba for refurbished PC's and bought a Satellite L505D for $339(Dual core 32-bit,3GB ram, 15.6" screen, 320 GB HD, Windows 7 Home Premium notebook,2.0AMD Athlon II processor. Thru some snafu, instead of the usual 90-day warranty on refurbished PC's, they gave me 1 year(I didn't object)...

Collapse -
I would like to buy a PC.
by TailorU / June 6, 2010 10:16 AM PDT
In reply to: eBay

Which brand is better for designing?

Collapse -
Apple!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 6, 2010 10:24 PM PDT

For Windows PCs one is much like the other but for DESIGNING it's all about the designer.

As the old teacher told you, it's not the tools.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.