Laptops forum

Question

Reliable places to buy HP laptop replacement battery?

by runswithartoo / February 19, 2014 5:00 AM PST

Hello! I need to replace the battery on my HP Pavilion G6 laptop, model no. g6t-1a00. The battery itself has the note "Replace with HP spare 593553-001." I've looked on both Amazon and eBay and have found comparable replacements, but I'd like to be better educated on how to choose someplace reliable that will send a new, recently manufactured, and usable battery. HP doesn't have a replacement in stock (not that I necessarily want to pay their price for a new one) and there's no guess on when they will be back in stock.

Can you recommend a place that sells good quality laptop batteries that won't break the bank, or what to look for from sellers shipping these items?

Thanks much,
AJ

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Reliable places to buy HP laptop replacement battery?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Reliable places to buy HP laptop replacement battery?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
NO LINKS PLEASE!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2014 5:03 AM PST

The battery spammers love this question so I've declared it a link free zone.

Depending on the client we use the HP battery from HP.com if the client is litigious or one that worries a lot.
Otherwise we get it from Amazon Prime so return is a non-issue.

Never a problem.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
A place not to buy from would be Laptop Battery Co
by stevekni / March 16, 2014 3:34 PM PDT

Buyers need to be very careful not to buy batteries from Laptop battery Co, I made that mistake $89.00 + $9.99 shipping, the battery took three weeks to arrive was DOA (dead on arrival) and also damaged. The packaging was great so the battery was sent damaged, not damaged in transit. I was told how to send it back which I complied with, I paid a further almost $12.00 for return shipping, every time I asked for status I was told not to worry. I thought as I had paid through PayPal I was safe, However, they delayed and delayed until I was paid the 45 day period need to file a claim with PayPal and then they simply stopped responding to my status requests. My suggestion would be to file the claim with PayPal "immediately" there is an issue, it most likely would be the only way they would respond. this assuming of course you decide to even buy from them which I never will. there are so many good companies but it only takes one with bad practices to tarnish online shopping.
Beware

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.