General discussion

Reinstalling windows on a Compaq Presario V2000

Hi, I have a Compaq Presario V2000 with windows xp home edition on it. It has alot of problems. I am going to upgrade to windows xp pro. I was wondering if i needed some kind of drivers after i reformat the hard drive?? Will the computer even display anything?? Should i find the driver and put them on a cd?? If so where can i get these drivers?? Is it safe to reformat then get the drivers?? I am just worried that after i reformat i wont be able to use my computer at all.

Any advice of help????

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Reinstalling windows on a Compaq Presario V2000
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Reinstalling windows on a Compaq Presario V2000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums