Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Registry Mechanic

by kegbrown / November 25, 2004 11:43 PM PST

Does anyone know anything about Registry Mechanic. It seems to do a lot of things but doesn't tell you what they are. I thought I had a mild improvement in speed but it was far from spectacular.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Registry Mechanic
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Registry Mechanic
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Registry Mechanic
by tally / November 25, 2004 11:56 PM PST
In reply to: Registry Mechanic

I bought Registry Mechanic, and I think it screwed up my computer. It deleted a lot of stuff that allowed spies and viruses to attack my computer. I used to "fix" everything it identified, but one must decide with care what to "fix". Unfortunately, the way it is set up, one must go through a hundred or more "fixes", to decide what to "fix" and what should NOT be "fixed".

Collapse -
by Brenda52 / November 27, 2004 12:43 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Registry Mechanic

Have it and had no problems, yet

Collapse -
by phattdaddy / November 26, 2004 6:17 AM PST

Registry Mechanic. What does it do?
Go to http://www.pctools.com/registry-mechanic/
Read the full details of it's capability how it works and exactly what it can do.
Remember you are dealing with the registry, while RegMech has a backup system it is still your choice what you do and dont delete.

Collapse -
There is an old adage
by sheard / November 28, 2004 2:53 AM PST

If in doubt leave out
You appear not to understand the complexities of the Registry
You are going to be very sorry soon
If all you wish to do is clean the Registry of useless entries
I can heartly recomend JV16 this Swedish gentleman knows his stuff and has done for many years

Use the second from the left Icon on the top Bar
and you will have no problems in removing the rubbish from you computer
The above is based on many years of usage.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!