General discussion

Registry Cleaners

Who makes the best registry cleaner and are they actually safe to use?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Registry Cleaners
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Registry Cleaners
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
they all can screw it up

if your comps working fine leave it alone

- Collapse -
tstailey.

As Mark mentioned they can be hazardous to a computers health. And I can personally testify to that. The safest I've used (and often use) is Registry Mechanic? for Windows.

The free version barely accomplishes anything at all. But the Pro version definately has made a favoalble improvement on my system, especially the first time I ran it.

It also compacts the registry and can be set to create backups and System Restore Points.

- Collapse -
Best registry Cleaner

I personally use Registry Easy, but it is not free. If you really need a good free one go with CCleaner. If you want to read more detailed reviews on registry cleaners go to http://registrycleanerreviews.weebly.com

- Collapse -
registry

I have used free version of Registry First Aid - the scan on it removes loads of registry entries and makes a big improvement but also it is a dangerous program for a novice like me because one can remove necessary entries easily and spoil the installation of windows
Ian

CNET Forums

Forum Info