Computer Help forum

General discussion

RegCure repair results in PanoStandAlone install attempt

by andy_parsons / August 22, 2006 12:06 AM PDT

My Dell Inspiron 1150 laptop with Windows XP SP2 installed was running slower and slower.I recently purchased and downloaded a registry repair program called RegCure to fix the problem. A free screening had supposedly detected over 1100 registry errors. After I downloaded and ran the program and apparently corrected all the registry errors, a Windows Installer window kept opening to install something called PanoStandAlone. It would get as far as the prompt to insert the installation CD, which of course I did not have. I was unable to close the window without the installation process restarting immediately. This went on and on. I searched for any PanoStandAlone files, hoping to delete them, but all searches of my hard drive turned up nothing. I finally restored my computer to an earlier setpoint, which removed the RegCure program and fixed the problem, but of course my computer still runs as slowly as before. What is PanoStandAlone? Why did my computer keep trying to install it after downloading and running the RegCure program and how do I fix this problem so I can run RegCure? Technical help at Pareto, the company that markets RegCure, has not responded to my request for help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RegCure repair results in PanoStandAlone install attempt
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RegCure repair results in PanoStandAlone install attempt
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google search
by eddie11013 / August 22, 2006 12:25 AM PDT

I did a Google Search and it seemed to suggest that PanoStandAlone might have something to do with an HP camera. So if you have HP software installed then 'maybe' you need to do what it says to resolve the issue. As a further note, I use a free program called EasyCleaner. It is a very good registry cleaner. If you decide to use it, just download, install and run it and click Registry, Find and then Delete all and close.
Good luck,
Eddie

Collapse -
Computer won't allow reinstallation of HP program
by andy_parsons / August 23, 2006 1:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Google search

Eddie, thanks for your prompt response. I saw the same info when I Googled PanoStandAlone, although I mistakenly thought it referred to my HP printer program, so I tried to reinstall it, but Windows Installer blocked the reinstallation telling me that it was not possible because another installation, PanoStandAlone (I assume), was in progress. I assume the same would have happened if I tried to reinstall my HP camera programs from disk.

In and update, RegCure acknowledged a second query I emailed to their technical dept. yesterday and promised to investigate and get back to me.

Has anyone else actually experienced this problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

Collapse -
Reinstallation of HP program
by eddie11013 / August 23, 2006 2:45 AM PDT

Just in case you didn't know, there is a windows critcal update for HP camera installations. And of course, in order to reinstall anything, you first have to uninstall previous versions.
Just an FYI, good luck.
Eddie

Collapse -
That's a fine clue. Here's a thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2006 2:49 AM PDT

Look up MICROSOFT INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY to dust off the pending install.

Bob

Collapse -
Panostandalone
by randy581 / August 31, 2006 11:26 AM PDT

FYI I had the same problem, put in my HP Image Zone Plus version 4.5 hit ok and it must have installed what it needed because my lap top works ok now

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!