Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Regarding Windows report error message

What if you don't want to get rid of error message like this weeks subject. What if you send the errors to microsoft. Do you ever get a responce from microsoft on how to fix the error, and if you do just how long do you have to wait. I'm having a compadability ( and spelling ) trouble with a game I downloaded when I had win98 that im trying to now put on my new XP and the games download says it's download is no longer available..........jewels
P.S> Arcade Horse Racing is the game

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Regarding Windows report error message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Regarding Windows report error message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Regarding Windows report error message

In reply to: Regarding Windows report error message

I doubt Microsoft is going to respond to an error message about a game they didn't make. I changed the error reporting setting to only report Windows errors. To find the settings, right click on my computer, properties, advance then error reporting.

Collapse -
Regarding game issues with XP out of the box.

In reply to: Regarding Windows report error message

If I were to install XP, do all the Windows Update steps... For every machine I've seen, today's games could error.

What's missing?

-> Latest BIOS.
-> Latest drivers for Motherboard, Video, Audio, USB, and what have you.

Microsoft doesn't do drivers... Many are just learning that the "Driver Update" button or Windows Update doesn't update your machine.

You get to handle this just like before.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.