with i7 intel core
in processor they are same i7intel same model
but diff asus ASUS ZENBOOK 4g and and 256 ssd storge
Portege Z830 Ultrabook™ 126 with 6g DDr3
and 126 ssd storge
os both 64 bit
so the asus has more data storge while the is more in toshipa
in term of price there is negiligable differance
i need my laptop for 3d jf ,photoshop ,gaming , real live stock programm like metastock and other in the same time
so plz tell me whic is better and why
and is there signigicant diff, bettween ram 4 g and 6 g
or i go for asus which also more stylish
thankx alot in avance

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: regarding optimal Ram / Processor ratio in i7 ultrabook
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: regarding optimal Ram / Processor ratio in i7 ultrabook
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Odd choices for that use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 16, 2012 12:14 AM PDT

Those ultrabooks trade off speed for style so for now I'm going with why do this if performance is a concern? As to RAM you would have to do what we did in the past and benchmark YOUR use to see if 2G more ram matters. But it's cheaper than ever as I added 2GB to my 6GB for about 22 bucks. I did not fret or test it, I did it.
Bob

Collapse -
thanx for replying
by saudi-doctor / April 17, 2012 10:54 AM PDT

I do not agree with u b/c ultra book is more effecient in speed and style
than laptop because it use ssd nit hdd
and for 64 bit system it can use up to millions of giggbyte of ram not only 4giga

Collapse -
So why this discussion?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 17, 2012 10:59 AM PDT
In reply to: thanx for replying
Collapse -
Answer
What I've read about th Asus is that
by orlbuckeye / April 17, 2012 11:43 PM PDT

it's screen is probably the best of all the Ultrabooks out now.

Collapse -
Answer
Also i would tell you to wait for the ivy bridge but
by orlbuckeye / April 17, 2012 11:47 PM PDT

i just read an article that Ivy Bridge will not be introduced in Ultrabooks but they will come out in high end laptops and desktop first and later in the year in Ultrabooks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.