Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Redskins forecast the President!

by Cindi Haynes / October 26, 2004 11:22 AM PDT

Since voters elected Franklin Roosevelt to his first of four terms in 1932, the Redskins have forecasted the next President. Over the past 18 elections, a Redskins win the weekend before Election Day has preceded a win by the incumbent party. On the other hand, a Redskins loss before the vote has preceded a loss by the incumbent party.

The Packers make their first trip to Washington D.C. in 25 years this Sunday.

I'M SO TORN!!!!! Wink

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Redskins forecast the President!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Redskins forecast the President!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have no fear
by null. / October 27, 2004 2:26 AM PDT

This is a different world since 9/11 and as such I believe (or hope and pray) the opposite to be true now.

Don Erickson
California Republican born in Milwaukee and very proud of it!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) :-)
by Cindi Haynes / October 27, 2004 3:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Have no fear
Collapse -
1:00 PM........
by lylesg / October 30, 2004 11:51 AM PDT

Defense (Skins) vs Offense (Packs).

Redskins 2-4 Packers 3-4. The Skins are returning from their Bye week break, so the Win-Loss stat's could be even-up if they had they played last Sunday.

I gotta watch/listen to this game and I am pulling for the team that I cannot pull for the least. hehe

Collapse -
I MIGHT be able to watch
by Cindi Haynes / October 30, 2004 12:12 PM PDT
In reply to: 1:00 PM........

Since I'm in Panther country, and they play a late game tomorrow. Last time that happened though, the local affiliate ran some old movie instead. GRRRRRRRR.

I've got Field Pass though, so if they don't show it, I can still listen at nfl.com.

Next year, I hope to have DirectTV with the Sunday Ticket. We were fixin to get it when we moved down here and then the cable co. had a great offer, so we went with that instead.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Re: I MIGHT be able to watch
by lylesg / October 30, 2004 12:27 PM PDT

Watching this game is actually my second choice of the day. I had to pass on my first choice which was a free ticket to Atlanta International Raceway - Pit Pass Tickets even. Sad NASCAR is my first love. Happy My daughter has been ill and we may have to keep the grandson. She's holding her own now, but not totally out of the woods so I don't want to stray to far and a race is an all day party.

Hopefully, see ya at the game. Happy

Collapse -
Re: I MIGHT be able to watch
by Cindi Haynes / October 30, 2004 1:19 PM PDT

Hi mojo,

Sorry to hear your daughter is ill. I'll say a prayer for her. Might not get you to NASCAR, but it's the best I can do. Happy

Yep, see ya at the game!

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Its a new Millenium, all bets are off
by Ziks511 / October 30, 2004 1:25 PM PDT

After all the Red Sox beat their jinx and it was longer than the Redskins prediction thing.

Rooting for the Packers (and I hate football)

Rob Boyter

Collapse -
Well, Packers win!
by Cindi Haynes / October 31, 2004 5:24 AM PST

I'm happy for that, but we'll have to see Tuesday if the Redskins have forecasted the next POTUS!

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
That means Kerry wins
by EdH / October 31, 2004 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: Well, Packers win!

No need for Democrats to go to the polls.

Collapse -
Nice But Futile Try...
by Blake Cook / October 31, 2004 5:49 AM PST
In reply to: That means Kerry wins

I hope all Republicans remember to vote on November 3. Wednesday will be a very important day for the Republicans to show their support and vote. I will hope that all Democrats avoid the polls on November 3...

I think now that Green Bay has beaten Washington, Republicans should begin to realize that GW's days in Washington are numbered. Instead of voting on November 3, they should stay home and begin to accept the inevitable...

Happy

Collapse -
Re: Well, Packers win! As fopr Kerry...
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / October 31, 2004 5:38 AM PST

now that we've voted, we can only hope! Wink

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Re: Well, Packers win!
by lylesg / October 31, 2004 7:49 AM PST

Yup, Packers whipped them and good. However, this year does seem to be a spell breaking sort of year, so maybe Bush will fit into that groove. He may need a "Mojo" for good luck? LOL Shoot, my fee would be less than all those lawyers anyway. Wink

Collapse -
Didja watch or listen?
by Cindi Haynes / October 31, 2004 8:10 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Well, Packers win!

My local affiliate played an old movie, so I listened. I thought for a minute the Pack might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (they can be good at that!) when the Skins had that TD that was then called back.

My folks are in AZ for the winter. They had to go to a sports bar to watch the game. They told me that one of the other fans there yelled "Go Pooper!" when Najeh Davenport had that nice run. LMAO He'll never live that down.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I listened.....
by lylesg / October 31, 2004 8:34 AM PST
In reply to: Didja watch or listen?

to some of the game as it was not on the tube here either. (LOL @ "Go Pooper!" ) It's just as well though. I got roped into attending one of those co-ed wedding showers. Since I have sort of been in the dog house lately and this day was shot already, I decided I would go to the shower with a smile so now life all better. Happy

Thanks for your prayers for my daughter. She had a miscarriage Friday and some physical complications. But, she seems to be doing much better.

Collapse -
Re: I listened.....
by Cindi Haynes / October 31, 2004 8:53 AM PST
In reply to: I listened.....

I'm sorry to hear that, mojo. How very sad. My sympathies. I am glad that she seems better, though, and I hope that continues!

Co-ed wedding shower? I've never heard of those before. Must have been the highlight of your day. LOL

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?