Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Red Sox Nation -- for Rolway

by Josh K / October 23, 2007 12:49 AM PDT

Red Sox Nation...

Two boys were playing hockey on the pond on Boston Common, when one was attacked by a vicious Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy took his hockey stick and managed to wedge it down the dog's collar and twist, luckily breaking the dog's neck and stopping its attack.

A reporter who was strolling by sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy.

'Young Bruins Fan Saves friend from Vicious Animal...' he starts writing in his notebook.

'But, I'm not a Bruins Fan,' the little hero replied. 'Sorry, since we're in Boston, I just assumed you were,' said the reporter and starts again.

'Red Sox Fan Rescues Friend from Horrific attack...' he continued writing in his notebook.

'I'm not a Red Sox fan either!' The boy said.

'I assumed everyone in Boston was either for the Bruins or the Red Sox. So, what team do you root for?' the reporter asked.

'I'm a Yankees fan!' the child beamed. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes:

'Little **** from New York Kills Beloved Family Pet.'

Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Red Sox Nation -- for Rolway
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Red Sox Nation -- for Rolway
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) I'm sure George is LOL right now.
by grimgraphix / October 23, 2007 1:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
LOL!
by Paul C / October 23, 2007 7:09 PM PDT

Yeah, Josh, that about covers it!

The Series starts tonight, and this expatriate Bay Stater will pull for the Sox. Of course, on Nov 4th, I'll be cheering against the team from Massachusetts when Bill "the boor" Belicheat's New England Video Abusers show up here to take on the Colts...

Collapse -
It does show how a reporter can "spin" a story two ways also
by Josh K / October 23, 2007 11:04 PM PDT
In reply to: LOL!

I'll be rooting for the Rockies since as a true Yankee fan, I root for two teams: the Yankees and whoever is playing the Red Sox. Happy

My daughter's best friend's dad is a Rockies fan and his family leaves on a trip to Hawaii today. He's all bummed because his team finally made the Series and he won't get to see any of it.

Collapse -
I'm rooting for the SOX...
by EdH / October 23, 2007 11:25 PM PDT

New England home team. Now if the Mets were in it I'd have a conflict, 'cause when I lived in NYC I was a Mets fan.

Besides that the Rockies have the ugliest uniforms in baseball (those black tunic things). Yuck!

Collapse -
SI.com had a photo piece a few months ago....
by Josh K / October 24, 2007 12:10 AM PDT

....on the ugliest uniforms in sports history. There were some doozies, like those old Astros uniforms from the 70s. Remember them? Ecccch.

Collapse -
(NT) Yes. They looked like cigarette packs.
by EdH / October 24, 2007 12:33 AM PDT
Collapse -
I remember those Astros' uniforms!
by Paul C / October 27, 2007 8:18 PM PDT

Once when I was playing slow pitch softball while in the Air Force, our team captain, who was from Houston, decided that that pattern - in shades of green - would be nice for our uniforms. YECCCCCHHHH.

It's like the thing NFL teams do with the retro uniforms; some of them are truly hideous. Specifically, I'm thinking of the blue and gold atrocities that the Eagles foisted on us a few weeks ago...

Collapse -
Some pics, for those who haven't had the pleasure
by EdH / October 28, 2007 9:14 AM PDT
LINK1

LINK 2 (Nolan Ryan)

There have been some hideous uniforms on other teams as well.

GO SOX!
Collapse -
I gotta cheer for the Red Sox if I'm forced to pick one...
by shawnlin / October 24, 2007 1:30 AM PDT

being a Cubs fan, they're kinda like long-lost-cousins, ya know? Happy

Best,
Shalin

Collapse -
Hee hee...one down!
by EdH / October 24, 2007 9:36 PM PDT

I hope it's a sweep. The season is far too long nowadays.

Collapse -
I only saw a little bit of the game....
by Josh K / October 24, 2007 11:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Hee hee...one down!

....but the Rockies looked over matched. They did beat the Red Sox 2 out of 3 times during the regular season though, so who knows how the Series will go. It may well depend on how many times the Red Sox can get Beckett to pitch.

As an aside, Josh Beckett is a perfect example of why Brian Cashman, and not Joe Torre, should be held accountable for the Yankees early demise. The Yankees could have pursued Beckett but chose not to. That decision wasn't Torre's; it was Cashman's.

Collapse -
Two down...
by EdH / October 25, 2007 9:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Hee hee...one down!

two to go.

A shame the series won't end at Fenway though.

Collapse -
See my post to Paul
by Josh K / October 25, 2007 11:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Two down...

They will not be able to play the same game in Colorado. It should be interesting.

Collapse -
I suppose you have a point....
by EdH / October 25, 2007 11:24 PM PDT
In reply to: See my post to Paul

it's theoretically possible the Rockies could avoid a sweep.

Collapse -
Four down
by EdH / October 28, 2007 9:39 PM PDT
In reply to: See my post to Paul

Sweep.

Glad it's over.

Collapse -
Good
by duckman / October 28, 2007 10:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Four down

Now you can concentrate on the NBA

Collapse -
No squeakyball for me!!
by EdH / October 28, 2007 10:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Good

Almost as dumb as soccer IMHO.

Collapse -
(NT) Oh you must be an NHL guy then !
by duckman / October 28, 2007 10:25 PM PDT
Collapse -
Soccer on ice skates.
by EdH / October 29, 2007 7:36 AM PDT

Who thought that was a good idea?

A Canadian I'll bet.

Collapse -
Three down....
by EdH / October 27, 2007 3:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Two down...

I wonder if the Rockies would do better if their fans stopped waving those white surrender flags all the time? Too pessimistic!

Collapse -
Yup, the Rockies seem way over matched
by Josh K / October 28, 2007 12:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Three down....

I thought those looked like surrender flags too, LOL.

One of my favorite World Series moments was in game 4 of the '99 series. The Yankees were up 3-0 on the Braves, and at Yankee Stadium the fans started mocking the tomahawk chop -- with brooms.

Collapse -
I agree they are overmatched...
by EdH / October 28, 2007 2:45 AM PDT

But they are putting up a good fight, I'll give them that. Last night's game was great but it was about an hour and a half too long.

Collapse -
Rooting for the Rockies: How's that working out for you?
by Paul C / October 25, 2007 7:54 PM PDT

So far, Josh, I'd have to say not well, since they're down 0-2 after last night. Meanwhile, given the number of people who've actually considered taking the job as Yankees' manager, I understand that Steinbrenner's bring in the judges from American Idol to assist in the process, and intends to make the whole thing a reality show.

It will be called Who Wants To Be George's Punching Bag, and will also feature Brian Cashman as emcee and occasional comic relief... Devil

Collapse -
They seemed way over matched in game 1
by Josh K / October 25, 2007 11:08 PM PDT

Game 2 showed that they're still in it, at least. They held that Red Sox lineup to two runs.

Things will be interesting in Colorado. The Red Sox will have to decide whether to have David Ortiz play first base (a defensive liability) or bench him (an offensive liability that also pretty much takes the bat out of Manny's hands).

As for the Yankees, I'm still hoping Girardi gets the job. An announcement could come as soon as today.

Collapse -
(NT) awesome! haha!
by shawnlin / October 24, 2007 1:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Ditto!!!! :-)
by Angeline Booher / October 24, 2007 6:53 AM PDT
In reply to: awesome! haha!
Collapse -
Detroit papers are readying their headline:
by drpruner / October 27, 2007 5:46 AM PDT

LONG LAYOFF COOLS COLORADO
Happy

Collapse -
The Bosox use the brooms!
by Paul C / October 28, 2007 7:54 PM PDT

Boston 4, Colorado 3, completing a 4-0 sweep! YIPPEEE!

Collapse -
Congrats to the winners
by Josh K / October 28, 2007 11:27 PM PDT

At least the other team showed up this time (sort of). The Cardinals just rolled over and handed it to them in 2004.

Meanwhile, A-Rod has demonstrated yet again what he's made of: cold hard cash. Good riddance. I hope he gets his $30 million --- from the Devil Rays or Royals.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!