Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Recovery of old settings in outlook steps needed help

by techshan / March 1, 2011 3:27 PM PST

Hi

I am using outlook 2010 in our company with exchange server 2003 environment in windows sbs 2003 domain .Client's outlook is configured to receive all the mails from exchange to pst which is stored in a network drive and it is quiet working without any problems.

I have set some rules to move all the mails in inbox of my mailbox in exchange to the inbox of my pst and the same for sent items also to be moved to sent items folder in the pst because I am not able to configure directly to receive all my mails for my account to pst as in outlook 2003 & 2007.

I have created many individual folders in the inbox separately for departmentwise mails.I am moving individual mails to the corresponding departments manually.

Suddenly some rules which i created in outlook showed some errors.so i deleted the rules and created the rules. I don't this part what rules have been created because it is done by one of my colleague.And after running the rules, what happened is a great shock.All my individual folders created for past few years have disappeared and all the mails came to root of the inbox.

It will be a nightmare for me to create all the folders like before and separating all the mails .

Could anybody please advise what to do in this situation to get back all my old folder structures?

Thanks & Regards

S.Swaminathan

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recovery of old settings in outlook steps needed help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recovery of old settings in outlook steps needed help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: folders
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 3:55 PM PST

If you're right, and somehow the folder structure inside your .pst file had been changed while you changed the rules (that seems unlikely, but it is what I understand), all you can do is go back to the last backup of your .pst file when it was still correct.

Kees

Collapse -
Thanks for Your prompt reply
by techshan / March 1, 2011 10:15 PM PST
In reply to: Re: folders

Hi Kees

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and I will look for the backup of the pst as you advised

Regards

S.Swaminathan

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.