General discussion

recovering blocked cookies on Mozilla

Hi. I cleaned out some of my uninvited cookies from my Mozilla browser and it has the choice of blocking future attempts of these sites to set cookies. I selected this setting but as usual outsmarted myself by not noticing that a couple of the cookies were from sites I use. I can't find how to reverse this command so if anyone has a clue on how to do this I sure would like to hear from them. Thanks for reading. Stewart

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: recovering blocked cookies on Mozilla
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: recovering blocked cookies on Mozilla
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Preferences

It's been awhile since I've used Mozilla and not Firefox, but if memory serves under the Tools menu there's a Cookies submenu. One of the choices on that submenu says something about managing cookies. Again if memmory serves, you'll get a window with two tabs on it, and one of the tabs will have a list of website addresses and their status as far as cookies (allow, allow session, deny). Not sure if you can change one from say deny to allow, but you should be able to delete sites that are set to deny that you want to allow, and then the next time you go to that site, it will ask you about cookies it's trying to set.

When in doubt, I find allow for session is a good choice. That means that Mozilla will delete the cookie when you close the browser. Great for sites that refuse to work if you don't accept their tracking cookies, etc. All you have to do is close the browser, and it's gone.

- Collapse -
Thanks yewanchors

for your useful answer. I found that in the cookies frame if you hit the "exceptions" button then remove all exceptions from the list, that clears the blockage record. Thanks again for your help. Stewart

CNET Forums

Forum Info