General discussion

recovered photos just cant open them

Help am rubbish with computers and ive deleted the photos off my memory card ive now got them back on my pc but cannot view them anymore is there anytype of software that can fix this problem for me. thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: recovered photos just cant open them
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: recovered photos just cant open them
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I don't think you can re-recover.

Consider them as lost. But it might help a little bit if you could tell exactly what you have done between deleting off your memory card and finding them back on your pc.

Kees

- Collapse -
recovering photos off my camera phone

firstly thanks for replying so fast
i started off by deleting the photos accidently off my sony erricson K800i phone i used 3 data and photo recovery packages pandora recovery, PCI data recovery and digital camera data recovery. PCI tells me the data is still in good condition and with all of them i can get the pictures back onto my pc the computer knows there JPEGS but wont let me view any of them

- Collapse -
Won't let you view....

...what happened when you tried to view them ? Were there any error messages ? What program did you use to view them ?

- Collapse -
re-opening deleted photos

I tried using windows picture and fax viewer then i tried to use quark xpress and also quicktime and also adobe photoshop elements. windows picture and fax viewer says thier is no preview avalible.
any suggestions would be very helpful thanks.

- Collapse -
My idea is to try IRFANVIEW

It supports a wider variety of images and even has opened corrupted files.

Good luck,

Bob

- Collapse -
Also try

to open with Internet Explorer. If they open, then save as and then re save them.

Rick

CNET Forums