Computer Help forum

General discussion

Recording Web Casts and Streaming video

by roc045 / August 28, 2009 12:17 AM PDT

How can I record web casts streaming video like fox news broadcasts for my pc I hve vista w. exp 8 Is there software I need to get or
I have an HTC pro from sprint wm 6.1 opera and explorer browsers
I wanted to watch a web cast and streaming video on my phone when I went to watch nothing was there but on the pc showed both but on mobile device no way to see them. I assume they are not supported with the current software I have WM 6.1 is there a way that I can watch these and what software would I need to download or will m.6.5 support this and is my phone upgradeable to and if so how.
Thanks for your help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recording Web Casts and Streaming video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recording Web Casts and Streaming video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Those may have agreements forbidding such recording.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 12:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
record Webcast and Streaming ideo
by roc045 / August 28, 2009 1:11 AM PDT

Thanks, I will check that out any idea about watching them on windows mobile 6.1 phones or where I could find out

Thanks again

Collapse -
You just need
by Jimmy Greystone / August 28, 2009 1:46 AM PDT

You just need to convert it to a format that is supported by your phone. And whether or not your phone is upgradeable depends on the phone maker. If it's an older phone, I wouldn't bet on it. If it's less than a year old (from the time the phone launched, not when you got it) then possibly. A phone that's less than 6 months old is a high probability.

But there's nothing special about it, you just need to figure out what video and audio formats are supported by the media player on your phone.

Collapse -
recording webcasts and streaming video
by roc045 / August 28, 2009 2:17 AM PDT
In reply to: You just need

Thanks, the phone is less than a yr old got it 2 months ago mnf 2008
HTC touch pro sprint
I understand what your saying how do you know what (1)format is being played on the pc (2) The formats the phone supports windows mobile media player is what it uses (3) what type of s/w for the phone would I get and where.

Thank you for all your help

Collapse -
Hey, we have something SUPER to deal with the conversion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 3:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
Record webcasts and streaming video
by roc045 / August 28, 2009 4:23 AM PDT

This sounds great, there is no charge for this or do they want a donation. I noticed it only works for pc formats is there s/w so I can watch webcasts and streaming video's on my mobile window's 6.1 phone that you might know of

Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 4:46 AM PDT

But I wanted to be clear here. There is no fee, no watermarks and if there are, you didn't get SUPER.

I looked again and the formats include so many I can see where you missed the ones for Windows Mobile!
Bob

Collapse -
recording webcasts and streaming video
by roc045 / August 28, 2009 5:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

Thanks, again that was very helpful, so I am clear I know this will work on my pc. My other problem is watching webcasts and streaming video on my mobile phone. One of the posters indicated it depends on the type of player that is currently on my phone if it will play certain formats that the website on my phone is showing. I hope this is not to confusing 8soft super platform appears to work on Win pc's not mobile applications Unless Iam missing something, which is possible.

I really do Appreciate your help

Collapse -
Sorry. Is there a NEW question?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 6:30 AM PDT

"How can I record web casts streaming video like fox news broadcasts for my pc I hve vista"

Now I read something that may be you asking about Windows Mobile. Now that I know a little about as I am deep into porting my Palm Applications to Windows Mobile. But your top question should have been answered by now.
Bob

Collapse -
record webcasts and video streams
by roc045 / August 28, 2009 6:42 AM PDT

In the original post there was two questions I may not have made them clear. Yes you did answer the first question, Thank you very much!
I apreciated all your help
Rock

Collapse -
About play on WinMo 6.x
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2009 7:13 AM PDT

Using the tools mentioned so far (Cam-this and SUPER-that) I can effectively get content on my PC then put that on a SD CARD for play on my WinMo machines or phones.

Given the zillion (well thousand) varieties of WinMo I didn't try to find a player for that WinMo yet. I just use SUPER to encode it to play on the phone.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?