Question

Recording video Kodak V530

I have been through all my settings, is there a way to get the Focus noise out of the video. I know being its recording that its picking up the focus noise.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Recording video Kodak V530
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Recording video Kodak V530
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Please read your post.

I'm guessing you mean that noise the mic picks up when the cameras focus or zoom.

The fix is very well known and here it is -> Use an external mic.

It's the same fix we've used for a very very long time.
Bob

- Collapse -
"external mic"

I'm a nOOb to this camera, I bought it on 5/23/11 I always google before I ask a Q.... I am guessing that this MIC plugs into the power or the usb port (DC IN)?

Did a search on Ebay also, nothing come up.

- Collapse -
(NT) Read the other reply and for your new question. No.
- Collapse -
Answer
Focus Noise (video)

Probably not.
If it were possible, Kodak would have removed it.

Almost all digital cameras have problems with audio noise from the focus motor and/or zoom motor.

Some camera makers lower the sensitivity of the microphone(s) during focus and zoom, others turn off the microphone during those times.
That leads to more problems and complaints.

- Collapse -
Microphone

Your camera (Kodak V530) does not have a connection for an external microphone.
Very few digital cameras have that ability.

There is nothing you can do to correct the problem you are experiencing.

CNET Forums