Question

Recording from Samsung LED TV to Samsung BD-HDD Combo

Just purchased both units in last 10-14 days, TV works ok but cant record onto hard drive, does anybody have any tips or ideas as to what to do

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Recording from Samsung LED TV to Samsung BD-HDD Combo
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Recording from Samsung LED TV to Samsung BD-HDD Combo
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Full model numbers please.

Samsung appears to not offer such in the USA. So I can't guess which model you have. Or if that is blocked because of copy/record protection.

And let's clear up something. No system I see records from the TV to a BD-HDD system. So far, if there is recording to be done the source is never a "TV".
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Can you tell more?

What exactly do you mean with "can't record". For example:
- it's not in the TV menu
- it's not in the BD-HDD menu
- it's greyed out
- I get error message "xxxxx" when the recording starts
- I can't copy a blueray disk to the hard disk

Can you tell the exact model numbers of the 2 devices and give a link to the user manual?

Kees

- Collapse -
Re recording from Samsung TV to Samsung BD HDD Combo

When I select info option on remote, I get "i" sign for more info, record button, rreimder button etc. The reminder button is green and the record button is coloured grey. When I selct record, I get message bottom left hand corner screen "not available"

I have manual as supplied when I purchased both items.

- Collapse -
Hello Kees

When I select EPG guide, the options appear at the botto, press 'i" for info, record, reminder, etc

I can use the reminder selection. When I press the record button the remote it says "not available" The TV is Samsung model UA40EH6000M and the BD-HDD Combo is model BD-E8500A.

Also when I select Smart Hub on DVD remore, only get options, Channel list, Guide, Media Player, Schedule manager and Source.

Should I reset both back to factory settings and start again or is it more easier that that to solve.

Thank you for your help.

Wally

- Collapse -
Answer
PS. I see NEW firmware released TODAY 8-31-2012

CNET Forums

Forum Info