Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Recommendations Needed for a Good Free Web Hosting Site

by Gatta / April 10, 2006 8:46 PM PDT

Recommendations Needed for a Good Free
Web Hosting Site
==============================

I have a Web-Page at AngelFire (lycos subsidiary), but it goes on a blinker for no reason at all. The server
removes my web page and there is not even an email
notice to that effect. In other words, AngelFire is a
bad Mama Jama.

I will appreciate it if members can suggest some
other Free Web-Hosting sites, where I can move
my web page.

Thanks

Frankie - Want to Fly Again

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recommendations Needed for a Good Free Web Hosting Site
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recommendations Needed for a Good Free Web Hosting Site
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: free webhosting site
by Kees Bakker / April 11, 2006 12:31 AM PDT

Frankie,

I suggest you browse through a couple of pages of the Web design and hosting forum. It will at least tell you what ISP's not to choose! And it seems a better place for your question than this forum, so if you don't get a good answer here, you'd better try there.

You might like to add some geographic wishes. The Internet is international, of course, and it doesn't really matter if your hosting site is in the US or Canada or the UK, but you might not like a recommandation for a very good ISP located in French Guyana only being able to speak French to you and not accepting creditcards.

Kees

Collapse -
Try this!
by the_real_martian / April 11, 2006 10:23 AM PDT
FreeWebs is a very good free website hosting site; I have my own site here, and in combination with web file hosting, can make unlimited additions to the site. Here's my favorite file hosting site too:

FileFront
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.