Cameras forum

General discussion

Recommendations for Online Sellers

by leoele / May 12, 2006 5:44 PM PDT

Hey, I'm looking to purchase a digital SLR, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for some cheap but reliable online vendors.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recommendations for Online Sellers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recommendations for Online Sellers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Amazon.com is very competitive, but
by Kiddpeat / May 13, 2006 12:06 AM PDT

I'm not sure what you think 'cheap' is.

Collapse -
Online Sellers
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 13, 2006 12:10 AM PDT

If you are looking for a DSLR camera that costs $1,500 and above, you will not find any cheap online sellers. At the very best, you could find it for $100 off. If you see one advertised for less than that, beware.

The more popular and lower priced DSLR cameras can be found at good discounts. And you can find them advertised by "bait and switch" outfits.

www.bhphotovideo.com has the largest stock of camera equipment. Advanced photographers like them.

I favor www.newegg.com because they have good prices and fast delivery at reasonable shipping costs.

Many people like www.amazon.com

If you find a camera at a bargain price and are not familiar with the on-line company, do a Google search for the name of that company followed by the word "review". That usually uncovers the bad sellers.

If the company is in Brooklyn, NY or you can not find the location of the company...........run away quickly.

If you find your camera advertised at a super cheap price........run away real fast.

Collapse -
Overstock
by rgfitz / May 13, 2006 6:31 AM PDT
http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=ENDECA&searchtype=hpheader&N=0&keywords=digital+slr+camera&IMAGE.x=24&IMAGE.y=9

My daughter-in-law bought a point-and-shoot digital camera on my recommendation from Overstock.com. They have a lot of reconditioned cameras and a couple of SLRs.

I believe they are reliable and their shipping charges are very reasonable. I have never bought a camera from them however, because they didn't have the particular model I wanted. Ebay is my usual source but I am very familiar with ebay and wouldn't recommend it to anyone who wasn't a savvy ebay buyer.
Collapse -
Adorama.com?
by leoele / May 13, 2006 7:01 AM PDT

Has anyone delt with Adorama?

Thanks to all who have replied to this topic!

Collapse -
Just go to Google and look
by rgfitz / May 13, 2006 9:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Adorama.com?
Collapse -
I use several
by Alan Copeland / May 15, 2006 1:46 AM PDT

Digital Photo, B&H, Adorama,and many more. I look for the best deal from the stores I trust or that are highly rated by pricegrabber.com or resellerratings.com.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.