TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Recommend a software to burn movies into DVD

by fredzhu / January 17, 2006 11:04 AM PST

I attempted to Convert AVI from movies and burn into DVD, then play them on my DVD player
recently, I found that the best software is "AVI to DVD VCD SVCD MPEG Converter" after I
tried several programs. Except operation simply it
could convert efficiently and quickly. Well, the video
is in high quality and it fully support almost formats
including avi to dvd, rm to dvd, divx to dvd, mpg to
dvd, mov to dvd, VOB to dvd, wmv to dvd......etc.
Speed is so fast! Even faster than playing movies.
And Embedded "DVD author Express",Merge/Join function...

If you are find a software to burn your moives into DVD, just try it as I did.
Here following is download link:
Description page:

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Recommend a software to burn movies into DVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Recommend a software to burn movies into DVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here's my method.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2006 11:32 AM PST

From camcorder to .avi files via Firewire.

2. software when I don't need a lot of fancy work. Demos at

Works fine here.

Collapse -
by 3luke3 / January 17, 2006 11:09 PM PST
In reply to: Here's my method.

dang bob, are all posts with the word "burn" in them automatically forwarded to your inbox? you about have a perfect record at replying to all of them Happy

yes... I also use one of the ULead demo programs for burning movie files onto a DVD.

Collapse -
DVD Software Comparison
by Wally2007 / January 17, 2006 11:37 PM PST

Curious to know if you've used WMM, Roxio or Hero software or whatever elso. I've used both WMM, Roxio and Hero, however I am a little in doubt as to which way to go. I've got a ton of both digital and anolog camcorder tapes which I am anxious to get into, however don't want to spend a lot of time doing same. All recommendations and advice greatly appreciated. I beleive I have the adequate tools to accomplish same. Thanks

Collapse -
Software for Vidio Burning
by CyndyW / January 19, 2006 11:54 PM PST

One software package I can NOT recommend is Pinnacle Studio 9. After spending lots of hours figuring how to get the VHS tape into my computer, I spent at least 20 hours making titles for my DVD - editing, and putting music to it, and then when you do the rendering stage it takes for ever - 2 - 3 hours, just to find you have too much information for the DVD. I started the process over again from the editing point, cut out some scenes just to get a perminate error that locks up the entire software program. Even after restarting the computer the software program has the permanent error and you can't use the software anymore. I searched the interet for answers to find out that others have the same problem with this "buggy" program and version 10 the current one also. I de-installed it. - I have Moveie Studio +DVD on order from Sony. I don't have an opinion on that yet.

Collapse -
Many Thanks DVD Input
by Wally2007 / January 20, 2006 2:08 AM PST

Wow, all of these articles, links, opinions and advice are greatly appreciated and quite rewarding. I have been tinkering with IT for almost 10 years. I'd only wished I had come across CNET long before this. I can certainly see by having all of these great resources at hand from CNET, this will be probably be the one stop site that I will need to answer any or all issues within the vast IT area. I will most definetely get the word out about this great spot. THANKS AGAIN

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?