Tech Deals forum

General discussion

recertified or reburbished

by jinx69 / September 6, 2009 6:47 AM PDT

I am looking around for a portable GPS for the care. Not sure this is the right place to ask this question but here goes. Newegg has a refurbished or recertified I was wonder if you believe this is a good thing to buy. On the site some people said they were very happy with the recertified Garmin nuvi 255. Just want you opinion.
Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: recertified or reburbished
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: recertified or reburbished
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
recertified gps
by dklinder / September 18, 2009 10:50 AM PDT

a recertified is probly tested harder than a new one ,I've always bought them and liked them.Try tiger direct also

Collapse -
Really wonderful Buys..
by MAZIEDAZIE / September 18, 2009 2:49 PM PDT
In reply to: recertified gps

I bought Christmas 2207 3 Gps for all my kids, they were Garmin's and were refurbished, I bought them on line from a vendor who stated they were "REFURBISHED" but offered the same warranty as a new product. The prices were so reasonable, about half of what a new one would be
at the time, I was a little apprehensive because of this. At first I only ordered 2 but after they arrived in what appeared to be new condition with the original box and internal dirctions, I ordered another, I was so pleased. We have had them now almost 2 years and they all operate wonderfully no complaints here...A True Value Buy..!!

Collapse -
75%-25%
by Dango517 / September 18, 2009 7:14 PM PDT

75% chance you'll get a good one.

25% chance you'll get a "lemon".

Get a warranty

Collapse -
refurbished GPS
by rsbrsb2 / September 24, 2009 4:08 AM PDT

I've purchased several refurbished Magellan units over the past five years and never had a problem.

Collapse -
certified is good than refurbished
by opinionated1opinionated1 / September 29, 2009 3:38 PM PDT

certified is good than refurbished... you can depend on it than having refurbished one

Collapse -
refurb depends on the company
by jt tabencki / September 30, 2009 4:03 AM PDT

IMHO.

I have picked up a couple of refurb apple macbooks. They sold less than retail and still carry the normal warranty through the normal channels.
Only negative is that it doesn't come in the nice lil box you get from the apple store.

-JT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!