Do I need to undo the restore, or can I keep the current setting?
-> You can leave it like it is.
Anything I should do or know before I undo the restore to avoid the same problem?
-> If you undo the restore the update will be restored, reinstating the problem. I wouldn't do it.
What about all the stuff (?) that was put on hold when I went to an earlier place in time?
-> Any/all personal files were left alone. Any software installed during that day's time was uninstalled...you can reinstall if applicable. Some settings you changed during that day may need re-changed. Otherwise not much to detail.
Is it somehow dumped?
-> The updates, installed software, etc. is stored in a temporary System Restore point with the originals being dumped, so to speak. The next time you perform or rollback a System Restore those temp files will be deleted as well.
If I do not undo the restore, do I need to make any setting adjustments?
-> Only if you installed software or made system setting changes durning the day-span between the creation of the restore point and the time you used it to restore your system.
Thanks so much!!!
-> No problem!
Hope this helps,
OK here's a chronology of what happened:
1. Ran Windows update and installed all the updates that came through, including one optional thing from Idea Com for a touchscreen thingie.
2. Discovered from restarting, that I had a screen keyboard on my initial sign-in screen, and my touchpad was totally useless.
3. Tried a dozen different fixes (I'm not a geek...), including uninstalling updates (Idea Com didn't even show up on the list) several reboots, yada, yada. Nothing worked. Lost all my security settings and things were melting down. My ears began to bleed.
4. Following a brief prayer, I did a system restore from my start menu, and restored my system to yesterday morning. Everything returned to normal.
5. This morning, reinstalled the updates from last night, except for the IdeaCom thing. Everything still works ok. Here I am.
MY QUESTION: Do I need to undo the restore, or can I keep the current setting? Anything I should do or know before I undo the restore to avoid the same problem? What about all the stuff (?) that was put on hold when I went to an earlier place in time? Is it somehow dumped? If I do not undo the restore, do I need to make any setting adjustments? Thanks so much!!!