Question

Really need some advice on a gaming computer

I recently just started shopping for a gaming PC and it has quickly become overwhelming. There are so many options it is hard to sort through what is a deal and what is not worth getting. I have done my research and have had a general interest in computers for about 5 years now. I understand what, and the importance of, RAM, processors, graphics cards, powers supply and all that other stuff. There is just SO much out there I can't settle down and feel comfortable with a buy.

So a little background information about me as a gamer, to give a better idea of what I need. I really only play WoW and League of Legends but do like to play the occasional FPS; such as, Half life, Team Fortress 2. When I play these games I would love to play them at max settings. I currently play on an out-dated laptop and that is the biggest reason I am upgrading to a desktop PC.

I have picked out a couple computers that I think might be worth the price but I don't really know if they are worth buying. I have doubts on how well they will run what I like to play. These are my top two as of now:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227314

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7194935&CatId=1886 <--- this needs an obvious graphics card upgrade.

I would love to spend no more than $800 and that includes getting a decent monitor. With those two computers I have been able to bundle them with a monitor for that. The computer that needs a grapics card, I would upgrade later.

So, I guess this is where you guys come in. I really need some solid advice about getting a nice and affordable gaming PC. Am I on the right track? Anything will help, if you know a better deal please show me.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Really need some advice on a gaming computer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Really need some advice on a gaming computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Gaming

Highly subjective and expensive area.

If I was going to go with one of those two machines I would go with the I5.

Test it with the integrated graphics....... if it fits your needs your good-to-go.

If not fit it with a HD5670........that should get you into the mid range area.

- Collapse -
I was thinking about this
- Collapse -
Graphics

CNET Forums