The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Real Problems with NOORAN CORP-1-2-3Convert

by patcshaw / December 13, 2006 7:46 AM PST

I read the reviews on C/NET and downloaded the trial. I liked it so much, I ordered the full program. Immediately I received an acknowledgement that they had my VISA card charged. And I waited for my Key and the link to the full program. Efforts to reach them by their own links are futile. Their own E-mail links come back as "unauthorized" and the phone is a recording saying everyone is too busy and they'll call back -- but no one does. Two weeks and numerous attempts to reach them have failed. Has anyone else dealt with this company? This is the second time I have purchased and paid for a full program I downloaded as a trial and failed to receive it. Anyone have a solution to stopping this kind of poor service at best and fraud in this case?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Real Problems with NOORAN CORP-1-2-3Convert
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Real Problems with NOORAN CORP-1-2-3Convert
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
2 Ways
by kellenjb / December 13, 2006 7:52 AM PST

The market controls it's self, if service is bad people will stop using them and have to close.

The two things that you can are:
Contact the Better Business Bureau,
Contact your credit card company and challenge the charge.

Credit Card companies take things like this very seriously. If they start to see lots of reversed charges from a single company they will drop that company. Then who is going to buy a program when they can't use their Visa card to buy it.

Collapse -
Noorancorp rip-off
by Envirodoc / April 15, 2009 5:48 AM PDT

I had the exact same problem when I downloaded the full version of Pdf-file: they confirmed billing my credit card, promised codes and links to let me download the program, and then nothing. No response to emails to customer support either. I tried to get the charge reversed, but it was on a debit card, and the owners of Noorancorp DID take the time to challenge my appeal and demand the money. I have still not received the product.

NOORANCORP IS A RIP OFF!

Collapse -
PROBLEM RESOLVED
by Envirodoc / April 17, 2009 5:51 AM PDT

I can't delete or edit the previous, so I'll just add another comment. After posting here, I sent a link to the post to Noorancorp, through the customer service link on their website. While other messages got no reply, this one did, and they offered to deliver the product, or refund my money as I'd found an alternative. The credit hit my bank today. I'm satisfied. My suspicion is that they have some burps in their email product delivery system now and then, along with some problems with email to the helpdesk.

Collapse -
Poor support and difficult to work with
by mefell / September 5, 2011 10:00 AM PDT
In reply to: PROBLEM RESOLVED

I am having the same problems with the company and the product. I bought 123 in 2009 and decided to update a couple of weeks ago for Office 2010.

There were some hiccups in 2009 but these were remedied with reasonable speed. Though not necessarily sound customer service.

The new 123FileConvert product does not run and despite numerous emails to 123 which has finally included a request for a refund and request to at least reversion to the previous working version and its registration key, I have not received any resolution.

Despite 10 days of requests and advising 123 that I am unable to produce PDF work, no satisfactory outcome has been reached.

So regardless of being an "old" customer of the company thier loyalty and poor customer services seems to prevail and has done so at least since 2006 according to this thread.

It is a product and company to be seriously considered before dealing with them.

Collapse -
Something is fishy here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2011 10:19 AM PDT

I looked at the product and it does not produce PDFs but rather coverts PDF to RTF.

Given how I can protect PDF content it would be lunacy to expect any software to reliable do such a conversion. This is why, when I protect a PDF I offer a contact link in the PDF for folk to write me when they need to source.

Something is fishy with the above 2011 post.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.