HolidayBuyer's Guide

Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Real Player media files to Mp3 and WindowsMediaPlayer

by luso / October 28, 2004 8:55 PM PDT

Please someone help HOW to convert RealPlayer files to MP3 and WindowsMediaPlayer. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Real Player media files to Mp3 and WindowsMediaPlayer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Real Player media files to Mp3 and WindowsMediaPlayer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Real Player media files to Mp3 and WindowsMediaPlayer
by Kees Bakker / October 28, 2004 9:05 PM PDT
Collapse -
by AussiePete / October 29, 2004 10:44 PM PDT
Collapse -
by cheyssweeps / November 3, 2004 11:24 PM PST

I have some music that is a wmp file, I think (we moved and I have to dig them out to be sure, but saw this post and wanted to ask). Will this convert them so I can listen to them? I know before we moved, I tried and the program I was using wouldn't recognize this kind of file.

Chey

Collapse -
by Kees Bakker / November 4, 2004 6:26 AM PST
Collapse -
by cheyssweeps / November 4, 2004 8:43 AM PST

Please forgive me, because I think I have the format wrong. I found the music cd's, but Windows MP won't play them. I think it's a whole album that or an album wrap? I can't even see what's on the cd's to say for sure. Very frustrating. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my question though. I feel bad I didn't have my info correct.

Chey

Collapse -
by Kimannie / December 10, 2004 10:24 PM PST

Hey, Pete. You seem like a knowledgable guy. I am new to making my own cd's. I made 2 cd's of my favorite songs using windows media player and now they won't play in my car or main cd player. They will only play on my computer and my daughters late model cd player. They are showing as .cda files. What's up? Why can't I play them anywhere? What do I need to do? Any free help you could provide would be a blessing to me. Thanks, Pete.

Collapse -
by glb613 / December 10, 2004 10:56 PM PST

Try making a music CD using your CD burning software. I use Roxio 6.0 and the CDs play anywhere.

Be advised, many older CD players, especially those in vehicles, don't play MP3s. So if the music you want to burn is in that format, you will need to convert them to wave files.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.