? re Spybot

by zeebell / January 1, 2010 1:11 PM PST

Dell Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7500 Computer
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
6GB Memory
750GB Hard Drive
Wireless N Networking
Includes keyboard and Mouse

I am trying to run Spybot as the Administrator because I'm unable to immunize twice. On our Vista, all I had to do was go to the Start Menu and find Spybot, then click on RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. When running Spybot on my new Windows 7, it tells me I need to run it as Administrator. I googled for direction and have been to the Spybot forum (still awaiting a reply) and found I should do the same on Win7. When doing that, there is no option for me to run it as the Administrator.

How to I get this thing up and going?

Thanks,

Julea

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ? re Spybot
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ? re Spybot
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Oops - operator error
by zeebell / January 1, 2010 1:15 PM PST
In reply to: ? re Spybot

I found the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR -- I was looking on the top bar for Spybot rather than in the list under it. Sorry!

Julea

Collapse -
Glad you sorted it, Julea!
by Donna Buenaventura / January 1, 2010 2:28 PM PST
In reply to: Oops - operator error

Happy New Year.

Collapse -
Lots of sorting
by zeebell / January 1, 2010 3:25 PM PST

Hi Donna -- I'm doing a lot of sorting these days (LOL). My XP crashed after 6 years -- died peacefully, just wouldn't wake up last Monday morning. It got as far as the splash screen and the F keys wouldn't even work. Talked to a couple of pro techies and they both thought it was either the motherboard or the hard drive. Said you couldn't get a mb for a 6 year old pc anymore and the hard drive repair would be a lot toward the purchase of a new pc. So went shopping that p.m. and bought this Dell. Win7 is quite different from XP -- wonder if I'll ever figure it all out. I'm getting there though. Nice to see you.

Julea

Collapse -
Sorry to hear about the other PC
by Donna Buenaventura / January 1, 2010 4:24 PM PST
In reply to: Lots of sorting

and Congrats for having a new Dell machine, Julea Happy

A big move for you (XP to Windows 7). Have fun and enjoy the nice 'search' function in Win 7.

Collapse -
Search feature
by zeebell / January 1, 2010 11:30 PM PST

That's the first thing I noticed about it -- wow, it fabulous. However, do you know how I search on a drive other than C: (e.g., like on a CD drive? Haven't figured that out yet. I love Win7 and think MS did us a favor for the most part.

Thanks.

Julea

Collapse -
You will need to add any area
by Donna Buenaventura / January 3, 2010 1:38 PM PST
In reply to: Search feature

to search using Indexing or Search Options. Open the Folder Options in Control Panel then click Search tab. You can also open Indexing Options (just type indexing in search bar and you should see it to start configuring) to configure what Windows 7 will include (to index) for fast search/result Happy

Collapse -
Golly -- that a lot different
by zeebell / January 3, 2010 1:52 PM PST

than XP's method. Hum -- think I'll miss that other way, but will adjust (LOL).

Collapse -
(NT) Yes, far different and powerful search :)
by Donna Buenaventura / January 3, 2010 1:55 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?