Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

RE: SP2

I have read many of the postings regarding SP2. I was hesitant about downloading it when I first heard about it. After reading comments, I am quite sure I will not be downloading. At least not until all of the 'bugs' are worked out! I thank all who have posted feedback and experiences in general!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RE: SP2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RE: SP2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: RE: SP2

In reply to: RE: SP2

well ive installed it on 24/30 work computers not 1 problem, of course these computers were spyware/ma;ware free.
your choice as its your computer but its not s[p2 causeing probs in my eyes.

Collapse -
Bugs?

If your home computer is in GOOD condition it will install from the free CD. There are no bugs in the CD and so far don't know of any update to deleted any 'bugs'. Of course there will be more natural updates to SP-2 as time goes on, just like SP1. There may be problems with some programs you already have installed though, and MS has identified with 2 MSKB's that you should check. Originators of certain programs may need to issue a patch just like when WinXP came out, and of course MS issues fixes. Also some commercial applications with all their different programs may have some problems that need working.

Collapse -
Re: Bugs?

In reply to: Bugs?

Thank you for the input. Computer is in good working condition and free of spyware (re: previous post). I am waiting by choice. Have heard and read of many problems with SP2. I read that a CD was not going to be released as yet. Will contact Microsoft to see if they are available. Again, thanks!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) cd has been released got mine last week

In reply to: Re: Bugs?

Collapse -
Free CD order here from Microsoft...

In reply to: Re: Bugs?

Collapse -

SP2 has caused me several problems. One immediately after installing I now have a error on Sartup. A window pops up entittled CTEaxSpl with the message Library not registered. So far I have not been able to learn how to remove this. I find that by clicking escape twice it goes away, but the question still remains how did it infect my computer, what if anything is it doing and how do I remove it?

Secondly, I now get a warning after clearing the CTEaxSPL window, that says my computer is vulnerable and I get a pop up showing my virus protection is not active, which by the way is not true Norton Corporte edition is working just fine. Still when I close this warning window, then Norton goes into an automatic scan of C drive which I have to abort in order to move forward.

So from my point of view Microsoft launched a bag of problems with Service Pak 2

If anyone has comments on how to solve these please let me know

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: RE: SP2

have you gone over to the virus and securities forum and use the anti parisite folders contents .
and like bob said plus others get spyware free.
40 computers ive installed it on not 1 hicupp mines going on 3 weeks not 1 glitch of course im spyware virus free.
try to get away from norton i find it a bloated useless program now.
i use avg free

Collapse -

As far I can see, you have some problems after installing SP2. However, as I read this thread, it's a general discussion about SP2, probable one around several hundreds. While you are adding your opinion in this thread, you show two problems (not related in this thread) and ask for fixes. So, open a new thread and post your PC's broken problems.

Both are solvable. The first bet yourself, if you search for the cause. The second, by contacting Symantec and providing the broken Enterprise version.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

Collapse -

Don't blame the Service Pack.

CTEaxSPL indicates you are having sound Blaster (probably Audigy) problems. Check the Creative site for hints.

Second problem is with the Norton Application and again check the Symantec site for hints on cures.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.