Computer Help forum

General discussion

re- printer and word ect.

by artyjill / November 20, 2013 3:13 AM PST

Have got a re-placment printer that will not print. It asks for word number which l got in 2003 which l put in but it says its not correct. I have used it before with no problems.
As disabled l work from home so need it urgent.
When l got this printer l had to downlaod new drivers which were not a problem.
I use latest firefox/ windows 7 /laptop
Hope someone can help
abbiecat

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: re- printer and word ect.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: re- printer and word ect.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What is this "word number"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 3:20 AM PST

If you had written "Word number" I would have guessed you mean the Microsoft Word CD-Key but I'm guessing too much here.
Bob

Collapse -
RE- bought word in 2003
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 6:05 AM PST

The number was given to you when you bought word, now it covers office and one note, none l use as am an artist so have deleted office in a fit of madness as HP support staff was awful.
This the number,
GWH28-DGCMP-P6RC4- 6J4MT- 3HFDY
Have used it when l have put word or office on a new pc and not a problem,
Jill

Collapse -
Really bad news.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 6:13 AM PST
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2003-office_install/office-2003-problem/72f9bdd7-cc5c-4b8b-9761-128b8ec54473

"The Office product key that you posted is one of the most widely pirated PKs for Office. This product key should not have activated. EVERY installation of Office Professional 2003 using this product key is by defintion a nongenuine pirated installation."

Also well known is that the pirates sold this key to many unsuspecting buyers. If you paid for this key then you may want to take it for what it is and move forward.

That is. Time for Libre Office.
Bob
Collapse -
MS counts the no. of times you install.
by wpgwpg / November 20, 2013 6:19 AM PST

Once you exceed the no. of times you install a MS licensed product, you'll get the message telling you that your key is invalid. Every time that's happened to me, it's given me a phone no. or web site I can get to at MS where I can get the problem fixed, if I have a valid explanation. They usually make you jump through some hoops entering a bunch of garbage stuff they display on the screen, but it's always worked for me.
As others have said, you can download LibreOffice and do just about anything with it that you can do with Word and/or Excel. In a real pinch, there's always Wordpad that's built into every copy of Windows.
`
Good luck.

Collapse -
In this case, it's something else.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 6:21 AM PST

The key noted has been invalidated.

Collapse -
re- product key
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 6:25 PM PST

Thanks for the help, Libre Office l am going to download it today.
Do you think i should delete word and one note that that are stopping me printing.
artyjill

Collapse -
If you can't use it ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 6:44 PM PST
In reply to: re- product key

you can just as well uninstall it.

Kees

Collapse -
re -uninstall
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 9:49 PM PST

Can't find word in control to get rid of it. There is a load of office bits and pieces. Going to look again at the website about the guy who finds lost ones,
artyjill

Collapse -
Re: uninstalling Office
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 9:53 PM PST
In reply to: re -uninstall

Just boot from the Office cd and select Uninstall.

Kees

Collapse -
You don't have to uninstall Word or One Note
by wpgwpg / November 20, 2013 10:01 PM PST

LibreOffice works entirely independent of Word and One Note, so you don't need to uninstall anything. Just download & install LibreOffice & use it.

Collapse -
re- product key
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 11:32 PM PST

Why l asked about installing word and office, was that have been reading on the web if its an old number which mine is its best to install them as the number will still be picked up. As its been doing when printing and haven't been near word or office at all.
Still can't see myself how printing brought it up.

Nearly got caught downloading a free fix but just got into it and it came up as $48 which would be more in my pounds.
It seems to be windows 7 and vista that having most of the trouble.

Can anyone vouch for www.howtogeek.com he has a fix called 'Take Ownership'
Has anyone got a few minutes to have a look at it for me,
artyjill

Collapse -
NO!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 11:38 PM PST

The product key you revealed should have no fix as it is considered to be what it is.

I read "Nearly got caught downloading a free fix" and such a thing would be some CRACK or other bad thing.

I've lost count of folk that think they can download a fix for this issue. It rarely ends well.
Bob

Collapse -
re- product key
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 6:35 PM PST

Thanks again for getting back to me. When l use word or office it doesn't bring anything up about the numb er, its just when l want to print.
Was he phone number you used a uk one,
artyjill

Collapse -
Word/CD key etc.
by pgc3 / November 20, 2013 3:59 AM PST

You could, unless you find the proper CD key, download LIBRE/Open Office, it is a free Office Suite that many use instead of MS Office. LIBRE/Open Office has a word processor, much like MS Word, with this you should be able to print and do pretty much anything you could have done with MS Office.

Collapse -
re- word key
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 6:16 AM PST
In reply to: Word/CD key etc.

The key number l have is the right one as its been used for office, word, one note but its older at 2003
Just read about the guy who finds the lost one's. Was going to send him an email but couldn't find a name or email. Does anyone know it., Thanks for sending it.
Jill

Collapse -
Open Office
by pgc3 / November 20, 2013 11:09 PM PST
In reply to: re- word key

In your situation with what you are trying to do I'd still opt to do the Open Office download, you'd have way more features than just MS Word and One Note...plus if you do get the Key Code worked out you'd have the option of using either MS Word/One Note or the features of Open/LIBRE Office...

Collapse -
re- key
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: Open Office

I don't want to see word or office ever again. lol
artyjill

Collapse -
re- product key
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 6:28 PM PST
In reply to: Word/CD key etc.

Thanks for your help, hoping that today will find an answer,
artyjill

Collapse -
I don't know if you mean the
by itsdigger / November 20, 2013 4:39 AM PST
Collapse -
re- be later
by artyjill / November 20, 2013 6:18 AM PST

I am in UK so am just going to bed but will get back to you later,
Artyjill

Collapse -
CLOSED. Why and what to do next.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2013 11:53 PM PST

As there is a post here about trying to fix the black listed product key, this discussion is now closed.

As there is some free alternatives listed, it's a sure thing you can get to your files soon.

But any discussion about fixing this black listed product key and how to fix that falls under the forum policy of discussing cracks and pirated content and must be closed.

If you need more information about Libre Office, please start a discussion on that.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!