Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Re: Nero Burner Problem.

by standeb / January 17, 2006 6:15 AM PST

Hi moderators.

I run xp pro. My system information can bee seen in my profile.

Last evening I was burning a data cd. The data to be burned was a file containing e-mails from Outlook Express. I transfered the files to my documents before attemtng to burn. After burning the first c.d. I attempted to do another. All attempts failed. I Got an error message, ''C:\Access denied''. or ''burn failed'', and ''The listed files have no jolietnames''

This is something I have never encountered nor do I understand it. It's driving me nuts not understanding same.

Can you assist?

Your kind attention hereto will be appreciated.

Standeb

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Re: Nero Burner Problem.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Re: Nero Burner Problem.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Standeb, Did You Try Restarting The Comp?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 17, 2006 6:54 AM PST
Collapse -
Re:Nero Burner Problem
by standeb / January 17, 2006 8:05 AM PST

Hi Grif,

I did not restart the computer. I just tried to see if the burner would work and found that I was getting the same error messages repeatedly.

Standeb.

Collapse -
When A Program Starts Throwing Errors....Restart
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 17, 2006 8:54 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Nero Burner Problem

A little refreshing of the system sometimes can sometimes work wonders.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Nero Burner Problem
by standeb / January 18, 2006 12:05 PM PST

Hi Grif.

My apologies for not replying earlier. Had a lot of work.

I tried refreshing the system a few times and restarted but Nero only responded once and then stopped again. This thing about Joliet name. I don't comprehend. I am beginging to believe that Nero must be really damaged and I may have to get a new one.

Any further suggestions?

standeb.

Collapse -
Standeb, It's An Unusual Error...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 18, 2006 12:57 PM PST
In reply to: Nero Burner Problem

...related to the ability of the burning software and the burner to get an ISO image identified and burned to the CD..My "guess" would be to uninstall, then reinstall the Nero software as it may have become corrupted..

If that doesn't fix it, the drive may be headed south.

I can only find a few instances of that exact error and it refers to something slightly different than what you typed: "listed files have no unique joliet name" Unfortunately, there isn't a general fix for the issue that I can find.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Just some more info.
by standeb / January 19, 2006 9:55 AM PST

It just happens that Nero is burning music and erasing disks perfectly. It's not however burning the data discs.

What do you think here?

Standeb.

Collapse -
Still Sounds Like A Program Issue...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 19, 2006 10:27 AM PST
In reply to: Just some more info.

If the actual burning is working fine and it's only one type of data that it won't burn, then the program is probably at fault not the burner. If the burner was at fault, it simply wouldn't work.

Make sure you have all the updates for your version of Nero by visiting the Nero site..As I mentioned before, if you've got the original installer CD, then try uninstalling and reinstalling Nero and the updates for that version.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Nero Burner Problem
by standeb / January 19, 2006 2:33 PM PST

Hi Grif.

Thanks for the reply and comments. I did visit the site and could not find an up date except that the one update I saw semed to be more of an upgrade.

Accodringly I will search further on the site for an update and will let you know what I came up with.

Thanks again and god bless.

standeb.

Collapse -
Nero Burner problem.
by standeb / January 29, 2006 2:34 PM PST

Hi Grif,

As it seemed to you, it appears that the problem was a program problem. The burner continued to misbehave until I found an update. After taking the update my wife tried to burn a data cd and was happy to report that it worked as, I am happy to report the same to you.

There were bug fixes and other improvements to the program.

Thank you again for your invaluable advice and God bless.

Standeb

N.B. I was supprised to realise that Windows Picture and Fax viewer allowes one to be able to edit documents that comes into your system via fax or scanner.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Standeb, Good Job & Thanks For Reporting Back
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 29, 2006 11:29 PM PST
In reply to: Nero Burner problem.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.