HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

RE-connect problems

by bsfred / September 5, 2010 10:27 PM PDT

I have not been able to keep wifi going on my BD-C7900. It connects fine with any connection method (WEP, passphrase or pin). However it is always lost and has to be completely reconfigured every time the power is turned off. I had a C6900 with the same problem after multiple tech support calls they told me the unit was defective. So I got the C7900 with same results. I also got a dongle to see if it worked better and got exactly the same thing with both the bluray and my PN63C8000 connected to it. They all connect fine but lose connection and all info after it shuts down. I must be doing something wrong since I have not found anything about this anywhere. I have a Linksys E3000 router and charter internet. I have tried static IP address but never get that to work. I may be doing that wrong I guess. Any suggestions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RE-connect problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RE-connect problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE-connect problems
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / September 7, 2010 9:44 AM PDT
In reply to: RE-connect problems

bsfred,

Are both your BD player and TV doing the same exact thing?

--CETech

Collapse -
yes all the same thing
by bsfred / September 7, 2010 10:34 AM PDT
In reply to: RE-connect problems

I can connect just fine but I have to re-enter everything again every time the power is turned off. So even updates will not work with wifi since it has to shut down then it tries to connect to downoload after it boots back up and it cant. So I did all of the updates wired. But I have 4 things that use internet and only one wire. All of the tech supports want me to reset to factory settings but they all do it the same. Of course that does not help.

Collapse -
yes all the same thing
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / September 9, 2010 12:46 PM PDT
In reply to: yes all the same thing

bsfred,

For both the TV and the BD player to be having the same exact issue would lead me to believe that there may be something else that may be causing the issue, that may not be related to the devices themselves.

You mentioned that every time you turn the devices off, the setting reset. Just to clarify, this is on both the devices, correct? If this is the case, then perhaps there may be a power issue that may be causing the devices to not receive enough energy while on standby mode. Have you tried moving the devices to a different outlet that is not on the same circuit as the outlet they are on now?

--CETech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.