Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Re: Bob Gr - Complete Murphy's Law...

by Mosonnow / April 8, 2004 6:47 AM PDT

Dear Bob

Thank you for the link:

http://www.cpuidle.de/edition.htm

I got down to Anderson's Law (in the 'A's) and couldn't resist asking if maybe Lee Koo might like to issue this as a general word of warning.

Just a thought...

Regards
Mo

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Re: Bob Gr - Complete Murphy's Law...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Re: Bob Gr - Complete Murphy's Law...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Broder's Law (from that site)
by Bill Osler / April 8, 2004 11:54 AM PDT

Anybody that wants the presidency so much that he'll spend two years organizing and campaigning for it is not to be trusted with the office.

Collapse -
Amen
by Roger NC / April 8, 2004 11:55 AM PDT
Collapse -
Hillary Rodham Clinton or Dave Konkel??? -NT
by Rosalie / April 8, 2004 7:35 PM PDT
In reply to: Amen

Collapse -
Cheeky! Dave gets my vote...
by Mosonnow / April 8, 2004 11:34 PM PDT

cos he can put a spin on anything (sorry Dave). But he gets my vote cos a lot of what he says makes sense to me (even if not all of it).

Vote for Dave, Vote for Dave, Vote for Dave...

(PS Cheeky means naughty over here)

Regards
Cheeky Mo

Collapse -
A little cynic in all of us.
by crowsfoot / April 8, 2004 4:52 PM PDT

Makes you feel not so all alone, doesn't it? And being kind'a cute about things in the process is just a bonus.

I, naturaly, started at the bottom:

Uhlmann's Razor
When stupidity is a sufficient explanation, there is no need to have recourse to any other.
Corollary (Law of Historical Causation) - "It seemed like the thing to do at the time."

Truman's Law
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.

Van Roy's Law
An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

The Ultimate Wisdom
Philosophers must ultimately find their true perfection in knowing all the follies of mankind by introspection.

Swipple's Rule of Order
He who shouts loudest has the floor.

Is that 42? Happy (Sorry Mo, no chocolate. Nuttin' personal. Hokay?)

Collapse -
So I was sitting at the computer...
by Mosonnow / April 8, 2004 11:29 PM PDT

saying "You can say that again" and giggling. And my son (age 15) came in to ask me why I was giggling and saying "You can say that again".

I showed him, and promptly lost my computer to him, whilst he sat there giggling and saying ...

PS Maybe no chocolate on the site, but, darn it, I'll find it even if I have to crown-mould every room in the house to do so...

I reckon we could easily get to 42 on this one - great site, thanks again. PS I've already reached a count of 986 that would suit me down to the ground. Cynical? Nah! Just more amusing than searching for the chocolate. OTOH, I could give myself a break and just eat the Easter egg.. Happy Easter.

Regards
Mo

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!