Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Re: American elections, terrorists did win

by duckman / November 10, 2006 7:29 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Re: American elections, terrorists did win
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Re: American elections, terrorists did win
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Richard Durbin again...
by EdH / November 10, 2006 9:06 PM PST

which side is he on? Why is this man in Congress?

Collapse -
Aren't I the lucky
by duckman / November 10, 2006 9:14 PM PST

******* having "Eddie Haskill" as a Senator ??

Collapse -
The silly requirement for warrants has been
by Dan McC / November 10, 2006 10:54 PM PST

an impediment to security in this country for centuries. I can't imagine why they are ever used! It's not like they're required by the Constitution or anything.

Dan

Collapse -
Just by any chance,
by duckman / November 10, 2006 11:23 PM PST

have you ever read The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act or do you live on DNC talking points and media soundbites?

Collapse -
(NT) What's your point?
by Dan McC / November 12, 2006 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: Just by any chance,
Collapse -
Perhaps the point is that
by duckman / November 12, 2006 6:14 AM PST
In reply to: What's your point?

you haven't a clue to what the real topic and issue is if you have NOT read it.

Collapse -
Re: terrorists did win
by JP Bill / November 10, 2006 11:38 PM PST

It's a good thing they didn't tell voters to jump off a bridge.

All the money political parties spend on campaigning, an the terrorists put out a 20 second ad, and influence the election.

That's BAAAAAAADDDD

Collapse -
Thanks for simplifying the complex into something
by duckman / November 10, 2006 11:45 PM PST
In reply to: Re: terrorists did win

moronic

Collapse -
Response
by JP Bill / November 10, 2006 11:53 PM PST

Just as the coalition forces in Iraq can't have a "failure" until it's over

The terrorists can't "win" until it's over.

Do YOU think it's "over"?

The terrorists weren't running in the US elections were they?

The Democrats won, the Republicans didn't, the Terrorists weren't even contenders.

Collapse -
Apparently they were...
by EdH / November 11, 2006 12:08 AM PST
In reply to: Response

just because they have won a victory (and they certainly feel as though they have),doesn't mean it's the final victory...YET.

Collapse -
You might be interested in the consensus of the
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / November 12, 2006 5:31 AM PST

McLaughlin Group on this point, EdH. Most (including Pat Buchanan and Tony Blankely) believe that the House, at least, is now in Democratic hands at least until 2010, with the jury still out on the Senate and White House in 2008. I agree with that, assuming that Pelosi runs the House from the center and by compromise.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
The concensus of terrorists ...
by Evie / November 12, 2006 7:53 AM PST

... is that they are happy not to have to deal with the Republicans in control of Congress anymore. What does that tell you?

Pelosi run the House from the center. By compromise? LOLOLOLOL

Collapse -
No, Duckman.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / November 11, 2006 12:36 PM PST

We're finally reversing the previously inexorable slide towards a police state in this country. In case you're unaware of the history, warrantless searches (under "writs of assistance") are commonly cited as one of the fundamental causes of the American Revolution; a famous 1761 case, with Declaration signer James Otis as a leading advocate, was one of the first open protests against British violation of Colonists' Rights:

The Writs of Assistance Case.

>>In addition to fueling the revolutionary spirit in the colonies, the Writs of Assistance case presented the first formidable challenge to general search warrants in the colonies. Otis thought that more restrictions should be placed on the government's authority to intrude upon places ordinarily kept private by homeowners and business proprietors. In America, Otis argued, the law should require that all searches be conducted pursuant to a lawful warrant that is obtained by an official who is placed under oath before a neutral third party and compelled to disclose the precise nature of any incriminating evidence. Any warrant that might be issued should fully describe the person or premises to be searched. The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution established these principles as a permanent part of U.S. criminal procedure. <<

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Police state?
by Kiddpeat / November 11, 2006 1:06 PM PST
In reply to: No, Duckman.

You ain't seen nothin yet. Just wait until the Dems start their witch hunts. Things like police states come from unexpected sources DK. I'm surprised you haven't learned that yet. They come from the left, not the right.

Collapse -
OMG Unbelievalbe nonsense
by null. / November 11, 2006 6:01 PM PST

spewing from you lately, police state. Could be possible if the left has their way.

The American left may not be in bed with the terrorists but try to tell that to the terrorists they think you're on their side. I agree with them, the American left and the worlds terror organizations do indeed have a lot in common.

Just my opinion of course. I hope you can prove me wrong.

Don Erickson

Collapse -
Don, just a FYI
by jonah jones / November 11, 2006 7:06 PM PST

another "none given" mod alert will be considered "spamming"

thank you for your co-operation and consideration

jonah

Collapse -
Hello Jonah
by null. / November 11, 2006 7:16 PM PST
In reply to: Don, just a FYI

remove the offending thread.
Every time I see it I am compelled to report the offense

Note to others: this has nothing to do with this thread.

Fair and balanced is what we ask

BTW there were a few more before I read your post. Not spamming just informing the MODS of the offense

Don Erickson

Collapse -
"Police State", What crap!
by EdH / November 11, 2006 8:21 PM PST

But you prove DM's point. If you dismantle all the necessary mechanisms to fight the terrorist enemy we will be in deep trouble indeed. Since the Democrats seem determined to undermine the country in this fashion, the terrorists have indeed won a great victory.

Allah is great.

Collapse -
For the umpteenth time,
by duckman / November 11, 2006 8:24 PM PST

You got any evidence or proof of this alleged police state? I didn?t think so. And your straw man ?Writs of Assistance Case? has NOTHING to do with FISA. But of course you do realize that

Collapse -
Personal attack on all the members...
by EdH / November 11, 2006 8:55 PM PST

who voted for Bush or voted Republican. According to your "logic"

Resign now.

Collapse -
Please provide concrete examples of the ...
by Evie / November 11, 2006 10:37 PM PST

... "slide to a police state" you so often claim.

Collapse -
What utter nonsense you do talk.
by Ziks511 / November 12, 2006 7:51 AM PST

And to think that you believe what the terrorists tell you, as well as what those unimpeachable news sources like the President of Iran, any member of Al Qaeda, Al Jazeerah and FoxNews says, but won't believe what thoughtful Americans (obviously not FoxNews or the rest on the payroll of the Republican National Committee) say.

You got a problem with Democracy, go dig up Thomas Jefferson and complain. I always suspected you were one of those one party state types. If so, move to China.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) WOW!
by Evie / November 12, 2006 8:25 AM PST
Collapse -
Does anyone else recall?
by JP Bill / November 12, 2006 8:40 AM PST

Way back when/before the liberation of Iraq I recall the Taliban/Al Qaeda saying that the civilians of the coalition forces countries did not have "staying power' and after a few years they would tire of fighting.

It's been a few years and?

IF getting what you predict makes you a winner.

Did they win twice?

Collapse -
(NT) The Dems oblige very time :(
by Evie / November 12, 2006 9:16 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.