TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

RCA/component to DVI-D

can anyone tell me if it is possible to connent a component or RCA video signal to a DVI-D input? What i'm trying to do is hook up my playstation 2 to my comp monitor. i posted my question in the video games forum and have gotten no reponse. so i decided to try the vid forum. thank you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RCA/component to DVI-D
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RCA/component to DVI-D
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nope. . .

In reply to: RCA/component to DVI-D

Collapse -
thank you for the info, but

i guess you misundertood my post, i have an LCD monitor with DVI-D input, but the playstation outputs either component or RCA (the only two cables i've found, if there is one that outputs to digital please direct me to it!)

Collapse -
1 more thing

In reply to: thank you for the info, but

i also have a VGA input on my monitor, is it possible to use it? the DVI-D is preferred but since its not possible...

Collapse -
Again, analog vs. digital. . .

In reply to: thank you for the info, but

Component and RCA are analog signals. DVI is a digital signal. I know of no converter.

Collapse -
so is there a way?

In reply to: Again, analog vs. digital. . .

So is there any way to connect a ps2 to an lcd monitor with dvi-d or vga inputs?

Collapse -
Don't think so . . .

In reply to: so is there a way?

Computer monitors and TVs are two different animals regarding their inputs. They accept two different signals.

Collapse -
Here's how i did it

In reply to: so is there a way?

went out & bought a vid capture card specifically the ATI TV Wonder 200 (59$ @ CompUSA) & ran my PS2 through the component vid....i've only played guitar hero thus far but w/ good results vid quality is good for a card this cheap, no noticeable lag, the screen has 'jumped' a lil bit here & there but not enough to interfere w/ game play or become annoying to me
check out my profile for my comp specs
good luck

Collapse -
about audio

In reply to: Here's how i did it

i'm not even using the audio input...i have a seperate system that i use. all i wanted this to do is patch my PS2 to my monitor & that it does. now i'm just gonna save another week & get a real vid cap card this is just a temporary solution

Collapse -
about audio

In reply to: about audio

the only way I know of doing this w/o the use of a computer is by getting a dvi box that can convert rca, component, or s-video into dvi to connect to your monitor

Collapse -
almost there...

Collapse -
This is how I did it... again

In reply to: almost there...

i tried the TV Wonder 650 PCI and the ALL In Wonder 2006 both cards had horrible lags. Just get the Tv Wonder 200 PCI and enjoy.

The picture quality isn't great but decent. And you must have an available audio input to use the audio through the card ( i hooked it up directly to my speakers using an RCA to 1/8 inch Y-coupler and a 1/8 inch coupler both available at Radioshack. All in all this costs about 60$-70$ depending on where you buy the TV Wonder 200 for.

Hope this helps anyone else out there!

Collapse -
TVONE makes that box

Tv one makes a box that take component to dvi-d

Its an anolog conponent to digital dvi-d box

Collapse -
There are game bridge that connects to the PC, but...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.