Phones forum

General discussion

RAZR2 V9m Terible Battery life and I need Advice!

Hey everyone, I want to start this off by saying thanks to everyone who replies because I'm always very greatful for all the help the people on this forum have given me. I really do appreciate it.:)

So I have yet a question. Is my phone a power hog, and should I then replace it or does my battery just suck?

I've had my Razr2 for just over a year and the battery performance has always been mediocre. About 2 hours of talk time, and I was charging it daily. It's now worse though here's what I get,

1.5 hours maybe of talk time
20 minuits if I'm lucky of web browsing
About 12 hours standby

Today I managed to get 2 minuets of calling, 10 texts and about 15 minuets of web browsing before I've had to charge it.

So what should I do? Buy a new battery or a new phone? I love the V9m but I'm a college student, and I'm not home enough to rely on it for a days use so I really need some help.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RAZR2 V9m Terible Battery life and I need Advice!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RAZR2 V9m Terible Battery life and I need Advice!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Replacement batteries are cheap

In reply to: RAZR2 V9m Terible Battery life and I need Advice!

..and will fit a typical college student's budget. Especially considering that from the get go you only had 2 hrs mx talk time, which is not normal, FWIW.

There is at least one extended capacity battery available, which should at the very least give you more than a half day of talk time. Here's one example-
http://www.1800mobiles.com/motorola-bx80-battery.html

The bad part is it requires a new door to fit onto your current phone.
http://www.1800mobiles.com/razr2-v9m-extended-door.html

My vote would be for an OEM battery to replace what you have and get closer to the 3.5 hrs it should give you. They are often cheaper on ebay, FWIW. Just look on the back of the battery to see the model number and capacity in mAh.
http://www.1800mobiles.com/motorola-razr2-v9m-accessories.html

hth,
Pedro

Collapse -
Well

In reply to: Replacement batteries are cheap

I got a phone for free right now. My phone has recently decided that sometimes it just doesn't want to receive calls. So I'm at this moment trying a different phone, but I did get it for free. I'm not a huge fan of the new one though so if anyone knows how I could fix the call problem I could go and get a new battery.

Collapse -
More info needed

In reply to: Well

You need to give us more info so we can help. Are you sure it's not the network but the phone? Are you on Sprint, or some other carrier? (etc.)

-Pedro

Collapse -
I wouldn't be surprised...

In reply to: More info needed

I'm on Bell in Canada and their not the best company (actualy they're the worst out here). I've heard of phones not getting calls but they usualy don't act so random about it, and it's when I have service when this happens. Infact the better my signal the more the phone seems to act up.

The phone is almost a year and a half old, the battery is shot, the keypad isn't so hot either. I've put about 600 hours of talk time on it and I text roughly 500 texts a month, and maybe an hour or two of web browsing. So it is well used. I don't get signal when I'm on campus though.

Collapse -
Can a Dieing Battery Cause Malfunctions?

In reply to: I wouldn't be surprised...

Because as each day passes my phone malfunctions more and more. It's crashing more, my alarm doesn't seem to want to work, the voice mail notification wont go away, it send text messages to random numbers sometimes, it actually decided today to make a call out of the blue, oh and there's now the fact that it sometimes doesn't receive texts or tell me about them and it's still unknown as to how many calls it actually receives. My phone does get a lot of use and the fact that it hasn't really rang in 3 days makes me wonder if it's shot? Or could the battery be causing all the ICs to act up, thus giving me a phone with an attitude.

Collapse -
Imminent death

In reply to: Can a Dieing Battery Cause Malfunctions?

(j/k)

Sounds like that phone may be on its last legs, aside from the battery issue.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.