Phones forum

General discussion

Razr V3m?

by gadgetman007 / August 16, 2006 6:04 AM PDT

switching to verizon and thinking about getting the razr v3m.

Does anyone own a razr v3m?
what are the pros and cons?
which one is better(The Grey version or the silver version)?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Razr V3m?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Razr V3m?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RAZR v3m
by Jlak64 / August 17, 2006 12:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Razr V3m?

Which color is just a matter of preference. The charcoal is unique to Verizon; each of the carriers has a silver version. What's cool about the v3m is the music and multimedia functions. But Verizon is known for crippling other features like bluetooth (search this forum, you'll see a lot of people complaining about Verizon disabling good phone features)

Collapse -
uhhh???
by gadgetman007 / August 17, 2006 12:35 PM PDT
In reply to: RAZR v3m

i read somewhere the silver v3m for verizon is made out of plastic.
is that true?
And if so is it strong or weak, more durable, and better than the other versions of the razrs?

Collapse -
Reply to uhhh???
by ladimila / August 18, 2006 7:06 AM PDT
In reply to: uhhh???

The silver v3m is NOT made of plastic. I do not own one, but I've played with one at the verizon store since I'm thinking of getting one. It's metal, and feels just as sturdy as the originals.

Also, the verizon sales guy told me that the charcoal v3m was a limited edition. The store I was at was out, and weren't getting any more.

Collapse -
Thanks
by gadgetman007 / August 18, 2006 10:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Reply to uhhh???

O ok
thanks for the heads up

Collapse -
oh and...
by gadgetman007 / August 23, 2006 6:47 AM PDT

can u tell me if u chose to get the razr or not.

Collapse -
razr
by bluedevildare / August 23, 2006 7:17 AM PDT
In reply to: oh and...

I'd say go for it, it's the newest version after all. They'll keep making newer ones with more bells and whistles, and improving on the line altogether.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Nonsense, V3M is not a "special edition"
by Jlak64 / September 15, 2006 4:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re:
by Psych Doc / August 23, 2006 7:36 AM PDT

Silver, grey, charcol, pink....they're all exactly the same under the skin.

I can't say enough about the V3m. It's simply a superb phone. Sure, it's screens are mediocre at best but, so what. This thing is a real champ at making and receiving calls. That is, after all, what a cell phone is all about, no?

Battery life is surprisingly good for such a slim design, too.

Collapse -
they are not the same..
by 39v8 / September 8, 2006 3:43 PM PDT

The silver razr is a great phone..but its all plastic. They gray, or gunmetal was a special edition which had more metal in it..metal keypad..metal hinges which made it feel more solid but also with the extra metal hinges made the phones reception better They dont make it anymore but you can still find some on ebay.

Collapse -
You Are 100% Incorrect...
by Psych Doc / September 15, 2006 1:08 PM PDT

...All the V3's are exactly the same construction. I have no idea where you think you get your information from but you better check you facts. They are all (pink, silver, grey, black) made of precisely the same materials. Some of the internal circuitry has changed with each model to improve battery life and allow for MP3 playback and the provision of a revovable memory card. That's it!

Collapse -
your momma told you..gonna go blind doing that...
by 39v8 / September 17, 2006 12:32 AM PDT

All it takes is two good eyes to see a differance in the V3m silver and any other Razr. Open it up..notice the black..PLASTIC..keypad..its the only Razr thats all plastic when you open it..All other Razrs have..METAL..keypads and with a phone this thin the metal keypad gives it a much more solid feel.

Collapse -
Wrong Again....
by Psych Doc / September 17, 2006 11:19 PM PDT

...I've owned both the V3c and the V3m.

Here's a surprise.

They're 100% identical.

Collapse -
Addendum...
by Psych Doc / September 17, 2006 11:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Wrong Again....

..the V3c was silver.

The V3m is grey.

IDENTICAL CONSTRUCTION!!!

Collapse -
you changed the question to fit your anwer..lol.
by 39v8 / September 20, 2006 1:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Addendum...

If you read the top post again we were talking about the gray v3m and the silver v3m. Now when you open these two phones up..SURPRISE,!!!! ONE IS ALL PLASTIC..duhh.

Collapse -
Nope....
by Psych Doc / September 20, 2006 1:51 AM PDT

...Both metal.

Maybe you need a course on metalurgy.

OK, it's that stuff that's typically shiny and is mined from the ground. As opposed to plastic which is generally not shiny and comes from distillates.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
15 yr. old kids shouldnt be on here...
by 39v8 / September 20, 2006 4:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Nope....

hey buckwheat..when you get out of school today go get them new 1 in. thick glasses and learn how to read..ATTENTION CLASS,!!! the new word for today is..PLASTIC..write that down..Buckwheat..lol.

Collapse -
Hey Alfalfa....
by Psych Doc / September 20, 2006 5:40 AM PDT

...Can you spell "m-e-t-a-l?"

Because you sure can't spell "shouldnt." (sic)

Did you make it through 3rd grade or was that too challenging for you?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.