Mac OS forum

General discussion

RAZR help!

by wickedlooza / November 19, 2005 10:03 AM PST

Can anyone help me get pictures off my Motorola RAZR V3 onto my mac via USB?

I don't have bluetooth, but I have a USB cable that will connect the two devices.

My mac doesn't even seem to "see" the RAZR when I connect it.

Tech Info:
G4 733 desktop
Mac OSX 10.3.8

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RAZR help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RAZR help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Razr
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 19, 2005 10:30 PM PST
In reply to: RAZR help!

Does the Razr have to be set in a certain way so that it will push information down the USB port?
Are there any instructions in the Razr manual?
I note that the Motorola site does not offer the manual as a download.
If it does not appear on the desktop as a USB device, and the cable is the correct cable for that phone, then there may be a setting to configure before it will happen.

Good luck

P

Collapse -
Same difficult and more, too
by HoneySuck / January 19, 2006 10:21 AM PST
In reply to: RAZR help!

Can't wait to find out the answer. I use same Mac as you at home, desktop PC at work, PC laptop on the road and no dice from the RAZR on any of them.

Right now the phone is not allowing me to call - even in places and to places my colleague's older cellphones are fine -- with same service provider.

Incoming calls go straight to my phonemail, even if I hear them ring

Collapse -
I refer you to my previous answer
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 19, 2006 8:44 PM PST

and suggest that this is a problem that you should be addressing to your phone service provider or the manufacturer of your phone.
To sum up; it doesn't work on your Mac, it doesn't work on your office PC, it doesn't work on your PC laptop and it doesn't receive phone calls.

Doesn't look like a computer related problem from the information provided.

See what the providers have to say and let us know

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.