Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Random Issue Concerning restoring a window from the taskbar

by junkie_ball / July 15, 2010 6:29 PM PDT

Hi all,

I use a program called Visagesoft expert PDF to create multi page PDF. I booted up my computer the other morning and printed to the program but now instead of the dialog box i visagesoft usually display it only shows as a minimised window in the tasbar. I am unable to click on it to restore the dialog box.

I have tried uninstalling the program checking no stray registry entries remain and reinstalling the progam but still have the same issue. This seems to be the only program thats effected. No system changes / upgrades have been made on this system. I have a number of similar builds all running the same software and none of these have had anyproblems. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Random Issue Concerning restoring a window from the taskbar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Random Issue Concerning restoring a window from the taskbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure I can help, but
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 15, 2010 8:42 PM PDT

What happens if you open this Visagesoft Expert PDF application from it's own shortcut or Start Menu link, does it open as a full window, or minimised?

If it opens minimised and you cannot restore the window, open the Task Manager, (right click the Taskbar, select Task Manager), look in the Processes tab for this process, highlight it, then click the "End Process" tab. Try again to open the application.

If that fails, possibly this is some sort of malware damage? I would always check for malware anyway, and use the forum recommended utilities Malwarebytes' Anti-malware and SUPERAntispyware scanners to carry out full scans.

Mark

Collapse -
Not malware me thinks
by junkie_ball / July 16, 2010 9:19 AM PDT

I will try the and look in the process see if it makes any difference. The program remains minimised in the taskbar even if launched from it's own shortcut.

Pretty sure its not a maleware problem as the system is running the latest version of kapestry and a malwarebytes scan is performed regularly.

Collapse -
Just a thought.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 16, 2010 9:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Not malware me thinks

But probably not of any use, open the Properties dialog for that shortcut you use. Just right click the shortcut and select Properties.

In the dialog window, check in the Shortcut tab to see what the "Run" instruction is. It should show, "Normal window", but if not change it to that.

If it does show Normal window anyway, change it to "Minimised", click Apply/OK, then try and open this PDF utility from that shortcut again. Close the program, then return to the shortcut properties dialog and change it back to "Normal window". That's the old 'flip' test, flip a setting, flip it back.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.