Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Random crashes for multiple programs

by Slasher / May 16, 2006 2:53 AM PDT

My computer is having random crashes. After the crash it says (this is the main stuff of what it says):
~~~~~
firefox.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature:
AppName: firefox.exe AppVer: 1.8.20060.42618 ModName: nview.dll ModVer: 6.14.10.11026 Offset: 0004ca73

The following will be included with this report:
C:\DOCUME~1\name\LOCALS~1\Temp\da6f_appcompat.txt

~~~~~~
Firefox is just the example, but it has also happened to IE, Word, games and other programs.

It happens randomly, not after a certain amount of time.

No spyware or viruses found.

After the crash when you click OK it just closes the program and nothing else is affected.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Random crashes for multiple programs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Random crashes for multiple programs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do you regularly...
by tomron / May 16, 2006 4:13 AM PDT

clean cookies.java,temp files.cache

Heres a program that makes it easier,click HERE

Just a thought
Tom

Collapse -
2 tips
by dvesh / May 16, 2006 4:17 AM PDT

1 double check your computer for spyware and viruses. Clean the Windows Registry with something like ccleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com

After that click on start/ run and type "sfc/ scannow" without quotes and click OK. If Windows needs to repair any damaged file it will ask you for the Installation CD so have your Windows XP CD ready or just place it into the CD drive before running the command... When the scan finishes just restart the Computer.

Finally run a Full scandisk and Defrag the HDD

Hope this help

Collapse -
lots of problems....please help!
by Slasher / May 16, 2006 5:55 AM PDT
In reply to: 2 tips

I have used ccleaner and got rid of over 1000mb (wow!)

I am unable to perform a virus scan! After a couple mins it crashes! I have tried an online virus scan as well, but then fireforx/IE crashes. ATM I am doing each folder in C drive seperatly. BTW I am using Norton.

With the "sfc" thing it says to put in the Windows XP Prof. CD, and I do, but it does not recognise it as being in the drive (Yes, it is the correct CD) and keeps telling me to insrt it.

The computer also gets blue screen error messages and has restated randomly twice.

HELP!

Collapse -
Hey
by dvesh / May 16, 2006 7:10 AM PDT

Can you go into dafe mode and do the scan from there??

Turn on your computer and hit F8 repetidly and select safe mode with networking. Go straigh to Trendmicro web page and do a virus scan...

Collapse -
Maybe try event viewer
by tomron / May 16, 2006 7:59 AM PDT

Sometimes there will be a clue as to what happened.

I have 2K pro,so i'm not sure about XP,but heres a LINK to explain.

Tom

Collapse -
Memory Problems?
by Scott Simontis / May 16, 2006 11:30 AM PDT

I was having a lot of random crashes, and it turns out I had a bad stick of RAM. Try using just one stick of RAM in your computer if you have two, or run memtest. However, I would check easier solutions first, but once easy options are exhausted, move on to checking for driver problems as well as the memory problems.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?