Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
After doing that, then download the free tool from the link below, install it, update it, then run a full system scan:
SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool
Hope this helps.
I am working on cleaning out a friend's laptop of malicious content. I have been able to track down almost everything except for this one thing that keeps running, which is an Audio Ad. It runs at random times and for random amounts of times, without being able to be detected. The content of the Ad also appears to be inconsistent varying from ads about PodCasts and other TV shows it would seem. I am unable to located it in the Task Manager; in either Applications or Processes. I have used SpyBot and Ad-Aware to try and locate it, and nothing is turning up. I've ran two different anti-virus scans as well; those being Avast! and AVG. And even having cleared out any viruses with those I still can not get rid of the Audio Ads.
HP Pavilion dv5222nr
Windows XP Home Edition SP3
AMD Turion 1.79GHz