General discussion

RAM is hiding!

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my RAM from 512MB to 1GB (512MB x 2 333Mhz PC2700 DDR Dual Channel Kit).

However, I'm trying to set the new RAM to its correctly Latency which is 2.5

I cannot for the life of me find anything in the BIOS which allows me to access the RAM's options, such as CAS/Latency etc. There's just nothing in the options (System Info, Advanced, Boot) etc...

The BIOS is v2.15 American MegaTrends (might of got that slightly wrong) I'm also using OS Windows XP Home Edition.

I've even tried upgrading the BIOS, but I still can't find anything RAM-related. Unless its hidden somewhere.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd be grateful for feedback.

Regards

Jonathan.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: RAM is hiding!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: RAM is hiding!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You should not need to set it

It will (or should have) an SPD component which the BIOS will use to automatically determine the settings. You have other modules as well. The BIOS will set all RAM to the value of that which has the lowest performance.

- Collapse -
Your Mainboard

Not all mainboards have the ability to change these settings manually.
As Steve stated the board will auto detect the settings using SPD on the memory.
Most off the shelf computers have very limited BIOS settings for timings. They do not want overclocking etc.

CNET Forums

Forum Info