Storage forum

Question

RAM can be supported in Laptop LENOVO THINKPAD E530 3259T2Q

Hiiii,

I am in need to upgrade RAM of my laptop LENOVO THINKPAD EDGE SERIES E530 PART NO. 3259T2Q.Currently it has 4GB (2 x 2gb).

I am not sure how much I can expand RAM Memory upto?

As of now I have tried some of the scanner (memorystock.com ,www.crucial.com ) present online and also scanned my system with softwares like CPUID CPU-Z, AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Extreme which all says I my laptop supports MAX MEMORY upto 16 GB.

I have done a lot research on web but official document from Lenovo contradicts with the scanners results as Lenovo says it supports max upto 8 GB only.

Please suggest on max RAM supported for my Laptop.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: RAM can be supported in Laptop LENOVO THINKPAD E530 3259T2Q
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: RAM can be supported in Laptop LENOVO THINKPAD E530 3259T2Q
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you check out Crucial's page on that?

In reply to: RAM can be supported in Laptop LENOVO THINKPAD E530 3259T2Q

There are folk that can't wrap their heads around "supported" versus "folk that found more to work." One thing is not the other and folk that can't tell the difference get lost or explode on forums.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Crucial.com says 16GB maximum.....link is below

In reply to: RAM can be supported in Laptop LENOVO THINKPAD E530 3259T2Q

Collapse -
My laptop details

In reply to: Crucial.com says 16GB maximum.....link is below

My laptop have Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Chipset-Northbridge:Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09,Southbridge Intel HM77 rev. 04, BIOS Properties:Vendor LENOVO Version H0ET94WW (2.54 ).

As per the suggestion as of now, I have understood that Chipset/CPU can support 16 gb but it is the motherboard/bios which can restrict it to support max 8gb as specified in the official documentation of e530 by Lenovo.Is there any to way check max RAM support in specific with BIOS version/motherboard?

Collapse -
Two options....

In reply to: My laptop details

Check with Lenovo TS for their advice on your specific product and/or

Check with Crucial.com for their advice. The good thing is they stand behind their compatibility recommendations ,,,see their warranty/refund if the product does not work with your PC. Few vendors are as positive about recommendations for specific products and refunds without 'restocking fees' if the specific product recommended for your PC do not work. Download and run their scantool . . .then call them if there are any questions.

By the way ....where do you see CPUID and the others telling you how much RAM your system will support ?

Let us (and others who may subsequently read this thread) know how this turns out.

VAPCMD

PS...Are you running a 64bit OS ? Might review the need for 16GBs RAM .... assuming money is not an object, more is almost always better but there is a point where more RAM is not used by the apps and files you run.

Collapse -
(NT) So what happened ?

In reply to: My laptop details

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.