PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Radeon preference

by ozos / February 8, 2004 4:49 AM PST

This is a simple question, does anyone have a preference between the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro or the Radeon 9800 Pro, they are almost identical cards, and thier benchmarks are close so I am just wondering if anyone has a preference.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Radeon preference
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Radeon preference
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Radeon preference
by JMarchi / February 8, 2004 10:29 PM PST
In reply to: Radeon preference

My preference is to avoid ATI cards, they have so many driver problems that you are going to find out about their "driver of the month" issues in a short time. How you need one driver to play one game, and another to get another to work properly. Not a fun situation.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Radeon preference (now GeForce Question)
by ozos / February 11, 2004 12:06 PM PST
In reply to: Re:Radeon preference

Between the time I wrote this post and now I have changed back to wanting a good old nVidia (I have never used ATI yet, all my cards are nVidia but none are very good I still have my old GeForce 2 MX200)
So now my question shifts to will there be a considerable difference between the GeForce FX 5600 Ultra and the GeForce FX 5700 Ultra? (I would prefer the 5600 since it costs less, and has VIVO)

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Radeon preference (now GeForce Question)
by JMarchi / February 11, 2004 9:40 PM PST
Collapse -
Check-um out....
by John Robie / February 14, 2004 1:58 AM PST
In reply to: Radeon preference

Listing of latest AGP Video (Graphics) Cards specs as of Dec 29:
http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20031229/index.html

For performance on how they rate scroll on down to near the end of the page for Benchmarks, then check out how each card comes out comparatively with the 10 different games tested with them.

Like the Moderator I personally prefer Nvidia cards after reading about problems even with the newest ATI cards.

JR

Collapse -
Re:Check-um out....
by ozos / February 14, 2004 11:22 AM PST
In reply to: Check-um out....

Thanks for the info
I found alot, and now I can make an informed decision
thanks for finding that page

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.