Cameras forum

General discussion

R. Proffitt Please respond

You stated in an earlier post that you own the Kodak 7590. Since it does not have the image stabilizer do you have a problem with picture clarity? Do you use a tripod when taking pictures? Does this camera have the hot shoe or external flash capability? Any help on this particualr camera would be appreciated as I presently own a LS443 which just quit taking pictures. Flash works, zoom works LCD works but image is black. It is as if the camera does not have film. The camera was not dropped or exposed to water. Taking a picture at my mother in laws 85th bd party, took a couple, setting up another table of friends and no image. Thought it was the battery but it wasn't, so I am looking at purchasing another camera. Any help on this would be appreciated also. Thanks in advance for your advice. Jen

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: R. Proffitt Please respond
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: R. Proffitt Please respond
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks for asking.

In reply to: R. Proffitt Please respond

I'm very happy with my dx7590. I don't have a stability issue even at 10X. It may have to do with my care to use the eyepiece when I use the zoom and I may even lean against a solid object or concentrate on what I am doing. It also helps that some 99% of the time it's some outdoor shot with a brillant light source which drops the shutter time.

I have not investigated any shoe or external flash options since I haven't found the need for them.

In my bag I do have a small 3 inch tripod I use for taking pictures at times when feel it needs it. For instance a timed shot at night or when we were in D.C. and you use that delay timer so you can run into the shot. The mini-tripod is something I have found many uses for.

The battery life is about a week when I travel so it's nice to not have to charge it daily.

In closing, mine is a Kodak refurb and quite a bargain for all it does. Look up dpreview.com for its review. Hope this helps,

Bob

Collapse -
Reply to R. Profitt Another question for you or anyone!

In reply to: Thanks for asking.

Thanks for your advice. I am truly leaning toward to Kodak as I have a LS443 at this time, even though it quit working unexpectedly, and was extremely pleased even though I did get alot of red eye. Do you have the problem with red eye on the 7590? If you don't, please let me know how you prevent red eye?

Again thank you for your response. Jen

Collapse -
I never try to "prevent" red-eye. Here's why.

In reply to: Reply to R. Profitt Another question for you or anyone!

It's a little too easy to correct on the computer later. I'm sorry if this seems to not answer your question, but I rarely see it and when it happens I just use software to edit it if I feel like it.

Bob

Collapse -
Red-Eye Reduction

In reply to: I never try to "prevent" red-eye. Here's why.

Bob, You are right. One other factor comes into play with red-eye reduction. The red flasher bulb adds a ton of red to any photo that you take and will add a lot of red to peoples faces. Way too much red!
I have to edit in Photoshop to get rid of it in some of my photos. My relatives love the photos. I think that they are way too hot.

Kevin

Collapse -
About that 443

In reply to: R. Proffitt Please respond

You said you tried changing the battery, to no avail. Did you try a new one? What else did you try?

Collapse -
LS443

In reply to: About that 443

Reply to swampyankee

I contacted Kodak and we went through all steps available and I was told that I would need to return the camera for a replacement and $100.00 After reading responses from Kodak forum on this camera and this particular problem, I decided to use the $100.00 towards a Minolta F5 camera. I am not knocking Kodak as I was pleased with its performance until it just quit recording pictures. From what I read on the forum, this was not uncommon. I felt lucky that I had gotten as much time out of my camera as most on the forum and only gotten 13 to 18 mos. service.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.