Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Qwik-Fix Beta

by Guardsman / June 20, 2004 2:14 AM PDT

Could any one tell me what's the latest Qwik-Fix version?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Qwik-Fix Beta
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Qwik-Fix Beta
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Qwik-Fix Beta
by Marianna Schmudlach / June 20, 2004 10:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Qwik-Fix Beta

Hmm...... Qwik-Fix PRO coming soon, to receive a beta copy of Qwik-Fix PRO, request a copy from our beta release group by clicking below.

that's all I can find:

http://www.pivx.com/qwikfix/

Collapse -
by Guardsman / June 22, 2004 2:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Qwik-Fix Beta

Thank you Marianna,

Some times ago,I'd try the Pro beta and the program disable my security software & office document files.

Although several feedbacks to PivX,there is no respond.I wonder are they serious about the feedbacks for improvement on thier products or just to please everyone.

Could anyone who use the program without problems,please kindly advise.

Thank you.

Collapse -
by Marianna Schmudlach / June 22, 2004 3:03 AM PDT

HI Guardsman,

Try here:

Thor Larholm
Senior Security Researcher
PivX Solutions
24 Corporate Plaza #180
Newport Beach, CA 92660
http://www.pivx.com
thor@pivx.com
Stock symbol: (PIVX)
Phone: +1 (949) 231-8496

I did NOT try the pro version Sad

Collapse -
by Guardsman / June 22, 2004 4:13 AM PDT

Thanks again.

Yes,he's the one who request more info and next-no respond.I was very concern about PC security as my PC was attacked by the deadly Blaster & recent SasserWorm.At that time my NAV & windows patchs are updated.

Now I'm very disappointed with PivX so call the "Well known Security Researcher in IT field".

Of course,I knew that it's a BETA version but at least they should respond whether they could solve the problems or not.

Best regards.

Collapse -
by Basil Hall / June 22, 2004 9:09 AM PDT

I could not install the original free version on my old computer with 98se. I contacted Thor about it, and although he suggested various fixes, nothing worked. I have now recieved the newest free version and it works fine on my new PC with XP.

I do not have any complaints as far as PivX is concerned. I find if you show enthusiasm, express yourself in a friendly manner and always send a final thank-you message to the people you are dealing with you stand a better chance of getting good service. Let's face it, we are receiving a good product free, and everyone wants to be treated like a human being rather than just a faceless supplier of our requirements.

Collapse -
by Guardsman / June 22, 2004 3:05 PM PDT

Hello Basil,
Thanks for your reply.

Since 29/05/04 till dated,I'd been sending several emails to Thor for advise & help but no respond.In every message which I sent for feedback regardless to any individuals or "Big company" or whether it's a "share/freeware",I always begin with:- Hello..,Please kindly advise and help..,OR Sorry to trouble you..,OR Please kindly let me know..,and end with I appreciate..,OR Thank you very much..,OR Best regards etc...p/s refer to below emails:-

Hello Thor,

Have you receive all the neccessary information which you requested?

Please kindly let me know if you do not.

Greatly appreciate all your help and advise.

Best regards

Hello Thor,

Have you receive my latest email dated 18/06/04?
As per your request,info listed as follows:-

(1) Platform: Windows XP Home SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
(2) Norton Internet Security 2003

And also attached screenshots and log file again for your info if you have not receive for the past week.
Problems as follows:-

(1) Norton was disabled by Qwik-Fix Pro
(2) Missing Fix (UPnP Servise)
(3) Could not copy/move files,images,folders etc.

Thank you & Best regards,
_________________________________________________________________________________
Let me quote your post in the forum:-

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=13382&messageID=154651

Thor at QwikFix

Thor does not seem able to solve the problem. His last message asked if I had administrative privileges which I don't. I can't even reinstall the version I uninstalled to get the "new" version so it's good bye to QwikFix. Damn!

Posted by: Basil Posted on: 02/27/2004 12:54 PM

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=13382&messageID=157012

Marianna.

Thanks for your suggestion, although it did not work.

I have been offline for two days because when I tried to back up the registry I got stuck in MS-DOS PROMPT and could not get out. I had to spend $50 dollars on my computer man to get it fixed. I have now wiped all the vestiges of QwikFix from my computer and will not bother with it again. I know my computer was to blame for all the muck-ups but I am a little bit angry that a false message led to the series of mishaps and left me $50 out of pocket and without the protection of QwikFix.

Thor has not replied to my last message and does not seem to have an answer.

Posted by: Basil Posted on: 02/29/2004 8:54 PM
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm very welcome and appreciate anyone could give me advise and help.

Collapse -
by Basil Hall / June 22, 2004 3:52 PM PDT

Hi Guardsman, Thor had not replied when I sent the message you quote, but he did later and I have sent and recieved many messages since. The mess up with computer was due to Donna posting a message that was erroneous and nothing to do with Thor.

Obviously you treat everyone with respect and perhaps I was just lucky.

I contacted Dan Hackett about the QF download location and after a delay I contacted Thor and asked him to send it to me. By the time he got back to me Dan had already sent me the download location and I told Thor that I jumped the gun. He took the trouble to send a message back saying that he was glad Dan had looked after me. Dan then sent me further information about QF.

Can you imagine how many messages Thor gets in a day while he is still working on his projects? (I send my messages to his personal e-address)He probably does not have time to answer everyone, especially as at times he has nothing to add, or has no explanation for people's problems. As I say, I may have struck it lucky and once I had a dialogue going (I often phrase my requests with a bit of humour) he was more likely to answer my messages if he had the time to answer anyone.

I was not suggesting that YOU were in anyway brusk in your approach and I can appreciate why you would be miffed - obviously our differing perspectives are born of different experiences.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.