General discussion

quicktime problem

Hi , I am using quicktime and when I click on a temp file of the movie I have saved ( copied from the temporary internet folder to my documents) it takes ages for the film to initiate : i.e the egg timer symbol just hangs there. Can anyone help me out please?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: quicktime problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: quicktime problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

Dear Craig,

Since my personal experience with Quicktime is extremely small, I shouldn't even post a reply since I might just make a fool of myself.

But the reason I post is to let you know that quicktime is a terrible player, and unless you are unable to get another one, then get something other than quicktime. The one that has started working great recently is the newer versions of Windows media player.

Sorry I can't think of how to help you with your quicktime problem.

-AInTeL

- Collapse -
this might be a dumb question but

did you rename it to the proper extension first?

- Collapse -
Could be something else

If the movie you downloaded is in the temp folder, then it is likely that it is not a movie at all, but a link to a web site where the movie came from. And so Quicktime is attempting to contact the web site to re-stream the movie.

You haven't really downloaded at all. It has just been streamed to your player and what you have is the web site url.

Mark

- Collapse -
quicktime problem

Hi Mark :well the small movies I download are cached and until recently they did indeed play and I have saved many to disc , so I wonder if you have any other solutions ?

- Collapse -
quicktime movie

Hi Steve , well it is listed as a quicktime movie by it's icon so I would have thought it was okay

CNET Forums

Forum Info