PC Applications forum

General discussion

Quicken 2003 portfolio view problem

by JHurd / January 4, 2004 7:43 AM PST

I've been using quicken for years, but have a small problem with 2003, which came with my new computer...the portfolio 'performance' view and security views all show correct share balances, but when I switch 'portfolio performace' to 'portfolio value', there are only zeros in all the columns. In 'customize', all the correct accounts, etc. appear to be selected.
any ideas?
thanks,
Joanne

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Quicken 2003 portfolio view problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Quicken 2003 portfolio view problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Quicken 2003 portfolio view problem
by JHurd / January 4, 2004 7:45 AM PST

never mind, I went back and found that while the accounts were selected, the individual securities were not. duh.

Collapse -
by GSteve / November 28, 2004 10:07 AM PST

Seems that you have Quicken 2003 working. Let me ask if you (or anyone interested) has the problem I'm having with Quicken 2004:
In Portfolio view, my securities often have "newspaper" icons beside a security's name indicating that there is a news article about that security. If I hover over the icon, a dialog box with link(s)consisting of the news article(s) headline appears, and I am supposed to be able to click a link and go to Quicken.com's investment news website and read the actual news article. But when I get to the Quicken.com investment news website, a message on the screen says: "This service is temporarily unavailable. We are working to restore service as soon as possible and apologize for any inconvenience.". This has been going on for several weeks. I don't know if it started when I installed Quicken 2004 but I know it used to work fine with Quicken 2002. I reported the problem to Quicken/Intuit support, but the error message remains.
Thanks for any help/info.

Collapse -
by dlhan / November 29, 2004 4:45 AM PST

If any help, I have Quicken 2003 and it works with no problem. Maybe it is just a problem in 2004. Anyone out there have 2005 to test it?

Collapse -
by GSteve / November 30, 2004 8:58 AM PST

Thanks for the feedback. Must be a bug in my 2004 Deluxe version.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.