HolidayBuyer's Guide

PC Applications forum

General discussion

Quickbooks 2009 Multi-user problem

by jakiehung123 / March 1, 2011 4:15 AM PST

I work for a company that uses Quickbooks 2009 Multi-user on only two computers. The problem is the non-host of company file does not receive the updated file changes from the host computer. Both computers are set to Multi-user

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Quickbooks 2009 Multi-user problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Quickbooks 2009 Multi-user problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Quickbooks
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 1, 2011 4:24 AM PST

How do you mean "receive" and "host computer"? There's only one file and that's not received, that's used by both clients.

http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/Articles/INF12724 tells the details. I only quote:

"QuickBooks is a multi-user program, as opposed to a "true" network program. Network programs are typically installed on a single server or workstation, and then accessed from that installation by multiple users simultaneously. In contrast, every QuickBooks user on the network must have a separate, licensed copy of QuickBooks installed on their local workstations.
However, while the QuickBooks program must be installed on each workstation, the company data file can be stored on a single server or workstation and accessed by multiple users. QuickBooks allows up to five users (15 users for QuickBooks Enterprise) simultaneous access to the data file across the network."

Are you sure you configured it correctly?

Kees

Collapse -
Re: Quickbooks
by jakiehung123 / March 1, 2011 12:05 PM PST
In reply to: Re: Quickbooks

Yes that is what I mean. Sorry. This has been working fine for a year now. Did not have a problem until 3/1/2011.

Collapse -
(NT) Time to call their support.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 5, 2011 3:45 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Quickbooks
Collapse -
figured it out.
by jakiehung123 / April 12, 2011 12:20 AM PDT

You have to be logged on as an administrator for it to work. I had the person on the other computer logged as a limited user so they could not see the updates.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.