1-if you have a pc you can just access the movies like it was an ext har drive. just copy and paste to a folder on your pc. if you have a mac, assuming you have an updates imovie, it should autodetect and import
2-imovie editing is easy, but with a pc you need to buy a program, ranging from $60-$500 depending on what you want
3-as far as i know, you will need the hdmi cable. i think a generic one would be ok
4-you will need to panasonic brand batteries, the camcorders wont function with a generic model. this is because some cheap batteries can short out the camcorder
5-pretty sure it will need to be off. you could always just get a separate battery charger
I am thinking of buying the Panasonic HDC-HS 250 high def camcorder and had a few questions:
1. Once the hard drive is full, how can I download and save my movies? Will they be stored in full high def? How will I then be able to view them on my HDTV?
2. How easy is it to edit the downloaded movies?
3. To view directly from my camcorder to my HDTV, do I need a mini-HDTV to HDTV cable? if so, do I need the OEM from Panasonic or is a generic one from firefold just as good?
4. Any reccommendations on additional batteries? Do I need the original Panasonic or are other cheaper ones just as good?
5. Similarly, can the battery be charged when hooked up to the camera or only when it is off?