Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Questions about my laptops' stats

by AndrewXtreme / September 6, 2008 1:04 PM PDT

I just recently upgraded from 1gb ram to 2gb (most i could get on my laptop.) After the ram upgrade I downloaded a few widgets from yahoo and now use them all the time. I was just wondering if anyone could look at my computer stats and tell me if i'm in a good operating range

System Information
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer
Genuine Intel(R) CPU
T2300 @ 1.66GHz
1.66 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM

My stats below measured by a widget, at idle w/ 6 widgets operating, webroot firewall, & webroot anitvirus.

CPU 0% sometimes jumps a couple percents
RAM 28% pretty constant
HD C:/ 40% (if it matters)
HD D:/ Recovery 86% (if it matters)

Thanks guys

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Questions about my laptops' stats
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Questions about my laptops' stats
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
p.s.
by AndrewXtreme / September 6, 2008 1:07 PM PDT

p.s.

SWAP 14% constant

Keep in mind i had my fire fox browser open as well while typing all these stats. thanks guys

Collapse -
Not sure what is being asked.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 6, 2008 9:08 PM PDT

Sorry but I am not sure what the question is.

If you open the Task Manager you will see much more information, like what processes are taking up CPU time at any given moment, and how RAM is being used by applications and processes, and how much of the Page File is used.

CPU at 0% seems to be a red herring. The CPU never rests, so unless it is not working, it would never be seen at 0%. Bear in mind also that there are always background tasks being done, and also the usage of the CPU and RAM is affected by what applications are open and running and what they are used for; for example, a web browser open on a static page will not use much CPU, but one open on an active web site, like YouTube, will see an increase in activity.

Your video card will also have an effect on CPU and RAM usage.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.